Get Boundary essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Boundary discussion
. Add Boundary
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
bound + -ary, Old French, from Latin.
boundary (plural boundaries)
- The dividing line or location between two areas.
- So this was my future home, I thought! [...] Backed by towering hills, the but faintly discernible purple line of the French boundary off to the southwest, a sky of palest Gobelin flecked with fat, fleecy little clouds, it in truth looked a dear little city; the city of one's dreams.
- (cricket) An edge or line marking an edge of the playing field.
- (cricket) An event whereby the ball is struck and either touches or passes over a boundary (with or without bouncing), usually resulting in an award of 4 (four) or 6 (six) runs respectively for the batting team.
- (topology) (of a set) The set of points in the closure of a set , not belonging to the interior of that set.
dividing line or location between two areas
- Armenian: (hy) (sahman)
- Bulgarian: (bg) f (graníca)
- Catalan: frontera (ca) f
- Mandarin: (zh), (zh) (bi?njiè)
- Czech: hranice (cs) f
- Dutch: grens (nl)
- Finnish: raja (fi), reuna (fi), rajaviiva
- French: frontière (fr) f, limite (fr) f
- Galician: fronteira f, estrema (gl), linde (gl) m
- Georgian: (mi?na)
- German: Grenze (de) f
- Greek: (el) n (sýnoro), ? (el) n (ório)
- Hungarian: határ (hu), mezsgye (hu)
- Italian: confine (it), limite (it)
- Japanese: (ja) (, ky?kai), ? (ja) (, sakai)
- Sorani: ? (ku) (sinoor)
- Latin: finis (la)
- Lithuanian: riba (lt) f
- Maori: kotinga
- Mongolian: (mn) (hil), ? (mn) (zaag), (hilijn ?ugam), ? (saad totgor), ? (mn) (teeg), (mn) (sadaa)
- Bokmål: grense (no) m, f
- Nynorsk: grense f
- Persian: (fa) (marz)
- Polish: granica (pl) f
- Portuguese: fronteira (pt) f
- Romanian: frontier? (ro) f, grani (ro) f, limit? (ro) f
- Russian: (ru) f (graníca), (ru) f (me?á)
- Spanish: frontera (es) m, límite (es) m
- Swahili: mpaka (sw)
- Swedish: gräns (sv) c
- Tagalog: hangganan
- Tamil: (ta) (ellai)
- Ukrainian: (uk) m (kordon), ? f (me?a)
- Welsh: ffin (cy) f
- Zazaki: sinor
(topology) the set of points in the closure, not belonging to the interior
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked