Get Empirical essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Empirical discussion
. Add Empirical
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From empiric + -al.
empirical (comparative more empirical, superlative most empirical)
- Pertaining to or based on experience.
- H. Spencer
- The village carpenter [...] lays out his work by empirical rules learnt in his apprenticeship.
- Pertaining to, derived from, or testable by observations made using the physical senses or using instruments which extend the senses.
- (philosophy of science) Verifiable by means of scientific experimentation.
pertaining to or based on experience
pertaining to, derived from, or testable by observations
verifiable by means of scientific experimentation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked