Get Empirical essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Empirical discussion
. Add Empirical
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From empiric + -al.
empirical (comparative more empirical, superlative most empirical)
- Pertaining to or based on experience.
- H. Spencer
- The village carpenter [...] lays out his work by empirical rules learnt in his apprenticeship.
- Pertaining to, derived from, or testable by observations made using the physical senses or using instruments which extend the senses.
- (philosophy of science) Verifiable by means of scientific experimentation.
Terms derived from empirical
pertaining to or based on experience
pertaining to, derived from, or testable by observations
verifiable by means of scientific experimentation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked