Get Practitioner essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Practitioner discussion
. Add Practitioner
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Formerly practicioner for *practicianer, from practician + -er (the suffix unnecessarily added, as in musicianer).
practitioner (plural practitioners)
- A person who practices a profession or art, especially law or medicine.
2014 June 21, "Magician's brain", in The Economist, volume 411, number 8892:
- The [Isaac] Newton that emerges from the [unpublished] manuscripts is far from the popular image of a rational practitioner of cold and pure reason. The architect of modern science was himself not very modern. He was obsessed with alchemy.
- One who does anything customarily or habitually.
- (dated) A sly or artful person.
- John Whitgift
- [...] the men of St. John's were cunning practitioners, in shaking off their Masters and Heads.
Terms derived from practitioner
Terms etymologically related to practitioner
person who practices a profession or art