Railer Alumni Tournament and Volunteering Event
We are excited to announce the Railer Alumni Tournament and Volunteering Event. The day will be Saturday, December 30th, 2017. We will NOT be having a Volunteering Event this year and the games will start at 3:30pm. We would consider it an honor if you'd consider joining us along with family and friends. We know that whether you are single, married or if you have kids, planning your holidays around family functions is always important and we would love for you to join us and help spread the word to friends and former teammates. To play in the men's and women's games it's $30 per person plus a small processing fee. Registration will be due Dec 14th to guarantee a t-shirt at the event. If anyone registers after that date then you may pick up your t-shirt at Kaos Apparel
New Format: 3-on-3 Tournament
This year we will be a different format as we are going to be doing a 3 on 3 tournament. Players will be selected using a random generator in teams of up to 4 players. We want to switch things up this year and will be counting on your feedback following the tournament gage the success and direction moving forward.
The following rules have been designed to insure fair play for all participants assuming we can attain the appropriate referees/ officials. Each player/coach is expected to understand these rules prior to participation. Our officials will be assisting with this process.1. The game will begin with a Jump Ball at the Free-Throw Line- Ball is in Play!!!
2. Substitution is only allowed during dead ball situation. (checked ball, dead ball, or timeout)-prior to foul shotattempt
3. Throw in - Starting/Resuming Play: The ball must be thrown (not dribbled) from the check box. Violation results inchange of possession.
4. Length of the Game: All Divisions will be the first team to 30 points or 12 mintues.
5. Overtime will be decided by first team to score 2 points. Jump ball will start overtime.
6. Running Clock: Clock will only stop on dead ball situations during the last 1 minute.
7. Alternate possession: The ball changes possession after each scored basket.
8. Shot Clock: (Will reset on defensive foul), clock starts when taken back to 3pt line.
9. Jump Balls: Ball becomes the possession of the defensive team.
10. Time Outs: Each team is allowed (2) 30 second timeouts per game. The game clock does not stop during anytimeouts except last 1 Minute. Only ONE timeout allowed the last 3 minutes of the game.
11.Taking It Back: When in play, the ball must be "taken back" on each change of possession - "taking it back"means ten toes must be behind the three point arc. Failure to "take it back" is a violation and results in the ballchanging possession.
12. Scoring: Made Baskets from inside the arc= 2 points.Made Baskets outside the arc = 3 points.Made free-throw = 1, 2 or 3 points.
13. Fouls: Bonus awarded on the 6th team foul. Intentional fouls, flagrant fouls, or abusive contact (including verbal)results in one freethrow and ball possession. Continued flagrant fouls will result in ejection.
1.Each team needs to wear similar color shirts.2.Absolutely no violence, profanity, or other inappropriate behavior of any kind will be tolerated.
3.Champions will be the winner of the single elimination tournament. Seeding for the tournament will be determined by the following.
a.Round Robin records
b.ln case of ties
i. Winner of head to head competition
ii. Margin of victory in head to head on per game average
iii.Average margin of victory in round robin play
We are looking for sponsors for this years event. $300 will earn a logo of the company sponsoring on the backs of the alumni T-shirts. This helps us pay for things like the facility fees, t-shirts, and other expenses as they come up. If you are interested please let us know.
Railer Alumni Mission:
Our mission is to connect former players with one another and with the current players from both the girls and boys basketball teams as well as the coaches. While doing so, we want to give back to the community that made a significant impact in shaping who we are today as adults in the form of both volunteering and monetary contributions that benefit the current boys and girls high school basketball programs. Last year we were able to donate over $500 to both programs.
If you have questions please email, call or text me.