Get Antonio Tobias Mendez essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Antonio Tobias Mendez discussion
. Add Antonio Tobias Mendez
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Antonio Tobias Mendez
Antonio Tobias Mendez (aka Toby; born 1963 in Denver, Colorado) is an American sculptor.
(Commemorating The World War II U.S. Naval Amphibious Training Base, Solomons, Maryland, 1942-1945) by artist Antonio Tobias Mendez (2007 bronze)
Mendez has produced over twenty public monuments: his sculptures include Thurgood Marshall,Don Shula,Mohandas Gandhi,Major Taylor, and part of the United States Navy Memorial. In 2011, Mendez was nominated as one of the three finalists to complete the Bill Russell statue in the city of Boston at the City Hall Plaza. He also created bronze sculptures of the six Baltimore Orioles greats whose uniform numbers were retired by the ballclub, which are located in the picnic area behind the bullpens beyond left-center field at Camden Yards.
Toby Mendez is the son of former CIA operative Tony Mendez.
- ^ "A Tribute to the Oyster Tonger, A Chesapeake Waterman". Annmarie Garden. 1994. Archived from the original on 2010-08-27.
- ^ "Antonio Tobias Mendez's 2006 Bronze Bust of Thurgood Marshall at the Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (Baltimore, MD)". Flikr. May 7, 2008.
- ^ "The Maryland State House". The State of Maryland.
- ^ "Toby Mendez Studios". 2012.
- ^ a b "Public Art". Toby Mendez Studios.
- ^ "Major Taylor Statue Dedication Ceremonies in Worcester, MA". AdventureCorps. May 21, 2008.
- ^ "The United States Navy Memorial". Historical Marker Database. January 19, 2008.
- ^ Forseberg, Chris (July 11, 2011). "Site set for Boston's Bill Russell statue". ESPN. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Jensen, Brennen. "Heavy Metal Man," Baltimore City Paper, July 31, 2012. Archived August 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.