Get Barrymore Family essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Barrymore Family discussion
. Add Barrymore Family
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The Barrymore family is an American acting family.
The Barrymores are also the inspiration of a Broadway and West End play called The Royal Family.
List of members
- William Edward Blythe (1818-1873), married Matilda Chamberlayne (1822-1849), they had seven children
- Herbert Arthur Chamberlayne Blythe (aka Maurice Barrymore (1849-1905)
- ? married Georgiana Emma Drew, and had three children: Lionel, Ethel, and John.
- Lionel Barrymore (1878-1954)
- ? Married Doris Rankin (first wife), and had two daughters. Marriage ended in divorce.
- Mary Barrymore (died at infancy)
- Ethel Barrymore II (died at infancy).
- ? Married to Irene Fenwick (second wife, until her death)
- Ethel Barrymore (1879-1959)
- ? Married Russell Griswold Colt, and had three children. Ethel's children also acted, primarily on the stage.
- Samuel Peabody Colt
- John Drew Colt
- Ethel Barrymore Colt.
- ? Married John Romeo Miglietta, and had John Drew Miglietta (born 10 September 1946)
- John Barrymore (1882-1942)
- ? Married to Katherine Corri Harris (first wife, divorced)
- ? Married Blanche Oelrichs (second wife, divorced), and had:
- Diana Blanche Barrymore
- ? Married Bramwell Fletcher
- ? Married John R. Howard
- ? Married Robert Wilcox
- ? Married Dolores Costello (third wife, divorced), and had:
- Dolores Ethel Mae Barrymore (living).
- ? Married Thomas Fairbanks (first husband, divorced), and had:
- Hillary Klaradru Fairbanks (living),
- ? married Thomas Randolph and had:
- Isabelle Harrison Barrymore Randolph
- Anthony John Barrymore Fairbanks
- ? married Dianne Zaninovich and had:
- Samantha Mae Barrymore Fairbanks.
- ? Married Lew Bedell (second husband) and had:
- Dore Lewis Bedell
- Stephanie Mae Bedell
- John Drew Barrymore (Jr.) (1932-2004)
- ? Married Cara Williams (first wife, divorced)
- John Blyth Barrymore
- ? Married Rebecca Pogrow
- Blyth Lane Barrymore
- Sabrina Brooke Barrymore
- ? Married Jacqueline Manes
- John Blyth Barrymore IV
- ? Married Gabriella Palazzoli (second wife, divorced)
- Blyth Dolores Barrymore. ? Married Antonio Gioffredi
- Gabriella Gioffredi
- Nicole Gioffredi
- ? MarriedNina Wayne (third wife, divorced)
- Jessica Barrymore (died 2014, accidental overdose)
- ? Married Ildiko Jaid (fourth wife, divorced)
- Drew Barrymore (b. 1975)
- ? Married Jeremy Thomas (first husband, divorced)
- ? Married Tom Green (second husband, divorced)
- ? Married Will Kopelman (third husband, divorced)
- Olive Barrymore Kopelman
- Frankie Barrymore Kopelman
- ? Married to Elaine Barrie née Jacobs. (fourth wife of John Barrymore Sr., divorced)
Except for Ethel Barrymore, John Drew, Diana, Drew, and John Blyth, none of the other members of John Barrymore's family have yet entered the entertainment industry. Most of the spouses however were related to the artistic world, mainly actresses and actors.
The family of Georgiana Emma Drew, mother of Lionel, Ethel, and John, also includes a large number of actors.
- John Drew, actor
- ? Louisa Lane Drew, actress
- Georgiana Emma Drew, ? wife of Maurice Barrymore and mother of Lionel, Ethel, and John.
- John Drew Jr., 'Uncle Jack' by the Barrymore siblings, married actress Josephine Baker 'Aunt Dodo', daughter of his mother's best friend.
- Louise Drew, 'Cousin Bee', ? married performer Jack Devereaux; their son John Drew Devereaux(1918-1995) was a Broadway stage manager
- Sidney Drew (paternity debatable), known for the Mr. & Mrs. Sidney Drew comedy act
- Sidney Rankin Drew, left his acting career to join the Lafayette Escadrille, and was killed in action
- Louisa Drew (1851-1888), called 'Aunt Wisa' by the Barrymores, moved to Boston, married manager Charles Mendum(1849-1945), had two children, one of which was
- Georgie Drew Mendum (1875-1957), married and divorced from a comedian named George Parsons,(married 1903, divorced 1912). Sometimes stayed at the Mamaroneck home of her cousin Ethel Barrymore.
- Frank Drew (1831-1903), brother of John Drew Sr.
- ^ Gabrielle Olya (August 27, 2014). "Jessica Barrymore Accidental Overdose: Drew Barrymore's Half Sister Jessica Barrymore's Death Ruled Accidental'". People Magazine.