Beck Bennett in 2017
||Christopher Beck Bennett
October 1, 1984
Wilmette, Illinois, United States
||Actor, writer, comedian
Christopher Beck Bennett (born October 1, 1984) is an American actor, writer, and comedian known for the AT&T "It's Not Complicated" commercials where he interviews kids and his sketch videos with the comedy group Good Neighbor.
Bennett began a successful YouTube show called "Theatre of Life" in 2011. He appeared in season 4 of Arrested Development, and is currently a cast member on Saturday Night Live.
Bennett was born in Wilmette, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago), the son of Sarah and Andy Bennett. He performed in multiple shows at Children's Theatre of Winnetka. He graduated from New Trier High School in 2003 where he played Jean Valjean in his school's production of Les Misérables. Beck attended the USC School of Dramatic Arts in the B.F.A. Acting program.
In 2003, Bennett joined the improv/sketch group Commedus Interruptus along with Kyle Mooney and Nick Rutherford. In 2007, after graduation, Mooney, Rutherford, and Bennett joined with editor/director Dave McCary to form the sketch group Good Neighbor. The group received praise from comedian Louis C.K. and director Steven Spielberg, who sent Mooney, Bennett, Rutherford, and McCary a personal acknowledgement after being impressed with the Hook parody, Unbelievable Dinner. He complimented the sketch and encouraged the group to continue making funny movies.
In 2011, Bennett created the satirical political talk show Fresh Perspectives, which helped him land his AT&T commercials interviewing children.
In 2012, he appeared in the film Kill Me Now, a film starring multiple internet sketch-comedy groups, and Beside Still Waters by writer/director Chris Lowell.
In March 2013, Bennett appeared in an episode of Last Man Standing, and that August voiced a character for FOX ADHD's Axe Cop. That same year Good Neighbor produced a pilot for Comedy Central with Adam McKay's Gary Sanchez production company, though it was not picked up as a series, in light of the move of three of the troupe's four members to New York City to star on Saturday Night Live. They debuted on SNL in September of that year, along with McCary as a director.
That same year Bennett completed work on the independent film Balls Out, and co-created the web series Theatre of Life, in which he and Rutherford film unsuspecting pedestrians and voice-over their thoughts and dialogue.
Bennett voices Launchpad McQuack in the 2017 DuckTales reboot.
On May 13, 2016, Bennett posted to his Instagram a photograph of his girlfriend Jessy Hodges and him. The caption to go along with the photo stated that the couple was celebrating five years with each other. He has been friends with fellow SNL cast member Kyle Mooney since before they started in SNL together. SNL frequently makes sketches and jokes regarding their long-standing friendship.
Recurring SNL characters
- Casey, co-host of Inside SoCal
- Chuckie Chocolate (a.k.a. Jackie Chocolate / Tommy Chocolate / Steve), "the elegant chocolate man"
- Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida
- Jake Tapper, CNN anchor
- Mike Pence, Vice President of the United States
- Mr. Patterson (a.k.a. "Baby Boss"), a successful business executive who has the body and awkward movements of a baby
- Ronny Donnyonyae, sidekick to veteran standup comedian Bruce Chandling
- Stav-D, Slavic rapper addicted to internet pornography
- Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation
- ^ Nudd, Tim (2013-04-15). "How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads". Adweek. Retrieved .
- ^ Forde, Kevin. "The 8 Best Internet Sketch Troupes Whose Initials Aren't TAM". Cracked.com. Retrieved .
- ^ Perkins, Colin (2010-10-05). "Sketch Artists: Good Neighbor Adds Some Absurdity to Viral Videos". Splitsider. Retrieved .
- ^ "Good Neighbor Sketch Comedy". G4tv.com. 2008-12-19. Retrieved .
- ^ beckbennett (2011-01-30), More Theatre of Life, retrieved
- ^ Kurp, Josh (2013-05-08). "'Arrested Development' Season 4 Guest Star List". Uproxx.com. Retrieved .
- ^ "Children's Theatre of Winnetka". Children's Theatre of Winnetka.
- ^ a b c "Beck Bennett's calling answered with AT&T ads - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 2013-01-30. Retrieved .
- ^ "codythebeau comments on Louis C.K. reddit". Reddit.com. 2012-05-14. Retrieved .
- ^ "Schubas". Schubas. 2012-01-06. Retrieved .
- ^ Sykes, Tom (2013-04-09). "Beck Bennett: Meet That Guy in Those Adorable AT&T Commercials". The Daily Beast. Retrieved .
- ^ McGlynn, Katla (2011-04-07). "'Fresh Perspective' On Libya Offered By Adorable Kids (VIDEO)". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved .
- ^ Hampton, Adele (2012-03-30). "A seven-year-old's take on Mitt Romney's candidacy - The Hill's Video". Thehill.com. Retrieved .
- ^ Friar, Christine (2011-07-01). "'Fresh Perspectives' Kids Talk Medicare, Call Paul Ryan A 'Lame Doo Doo' (VIDEO)". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved .
- ^ Stuart Elliott (2013-07-02). "A Spokesman Finds Fame Interviewing Tiny Experts". The New York Times. Retrieved .
- ^ "Kill Me Now: Internet Sketch Comics Make A Movie - Geekblog - Hex19 | Celebrating All Things Geek". Hex19. 2012-07-26. Retrieved .
- ^ Jeff Sneider (2012-05-31). "Chris Lowell sets feature directorial debut". Variety. Retrieved .
- ^ a b Frucci, Adam (2013-08-23). "Good Neighbor Is the New Lonely Island: 'SNL' Hires Director Dave McCary Alongside Two Cast Members". Splitsider. Retrieved .
- ^ "Intramural: The Movie - 5 Questions w/ Beck Bennett". YouTube. 2013-08-01. Retrieved .
- ^ "More Theatre of Life: Homeless Pirate". YouTube. 2013-04-07. Retrieved .
- ^ "Theatre of Life: Nick Rutherford and Beck Bennett - Video". Ebaumsworld.com. Retrieved .
- ^ "DuckTales Reboot Teaser Confirms Summer 2017 Premiere Date". 7 December 2016.