Get CWOW Gallery essential facts below. View Videos
or join the CWOW Gallery discussion
. Add CWOW Gallery
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
cWOW Gallery is located in Newark, New Jersey, occupying a building on Halsey Street in the Lincoln Park/The Coast Cultural District.
City Without Walls is New Jersey's oldest not-for-profit alternative art space, in continuous operation since 1975 with a "two-fold mission offers career development opportunities to new and emerging artists, while providing the public a chance to understand and enjoy challenging contemporary art." The alternative art space relies on members to curate their on-site and off-site gallery spaces, cWOW, which stands for City Without Walls, has an estimated 6-10 exhibitions per year. It also runs three educational programs called City Murals, Newark New Media, and ArtReach.
cWOW operates a gallery in the atrium of One Newark Center. Both spaces are on the citywide Open Doors Studio Tour.
- ^ "City Without Walls Fostering Newark Arts - Article - NYTimes.com". Select.nytimes.com. 1976-05-26. Retrieved .
- ^ "A Time of Growth in Museums and Galleries - New York Times". Nytimes.com. 1996-11-17. Retrieved .
- ^ "419-421 Halsey St". Crawford Street Partners. 2009-01-04. Retrieved .
- ^ Dooe, Mary E. (December 11, 2010), "Newark program helps revitalize, celebrate city with murals painted by youths", The Star-Ledger, retrieved
- ^ Wickenheisser, Jill (June 15, 2010), "Newark New Media 2010 to premiere at Prudential Center", The Star-Ledger, retrieved
- ^ Bischoff, Dan (June 14, 2012), "On Art: ArtReach at City Without Walls", The Star-Ledger, retrieved
- ^ "Open Doors". Newark Arts Council. Retrieved .
Coordinates: 40°44?13?N 74°10?33?W / 40.7370°N 74.1757°W