Get CWOW Gallery essential facts below. View Videos
or join the CWOW Gallery discussion
. Add CWOW Gallery
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
cWOW Gallery, also known as City Without Walls Gallery is located in Newark, New Jersey, occupying a building on Halsey Street in the Lincoln Park/The Coast Cultural District.
City Without Walls is New Jersey's oldest not-for-profit alternative art space, in continuous operation since 1975 with a "two-fold mission offers career development opportunities to new and emerging artists, while providing the public a chance to understand and enjoy challenging contemporary art." The alternative art space relies on members to curate their on-site and off-site gallery spaces, cWOW, which stands for City Without Walls, has an estimated 6-10 exhibitions per year. It also runs three educational programs called City Murals, Newark New Media, and ArtReach.
cWOW operates a gallery in the atrium of One Newark Center. Both spaces are on the citywide Open Doors Studio Tour.
- ^ "City Without Walls Fostering Newark Arts - Article - NYTimes.com". Select.nytimes.com. 1976-05-26. Retrieved .
- ^ "A Time of Growth in Museums and Galleries - New York Times". Nytimes.com. 1996-11-17. Retrieved .
- ^ "419-421 Halsey St". Crawford Street Partners. 2009-01-04. Retrieved .
- ^ Stewart, Angela (June 24, 1986). "City Without Walls frames books as visual art works" (Tuesday). Newark, New Jersey: The Star Ledger. p. 41.
Pages of Revelation
- ^ Dooe, Mary E. (December 11, 2010), "Newark program helps revitalize, celebrate city with murals painted by youths", The Star-Ledger, retrieved
- ^ Wickenheisser, Jill (June 15, 2010), "Newark New Media 2010 to premiere at Prudential Center", The Star-Ledger, retrieved
- ^ Bischoff, Dan (June 14, 2012), "On Art: ArtReach at City Without Walls", The Star-Ledger, retrieved
- ^ "Open Doors". Newark Arts Council. Retrieved .
Coordinates: 40°44?13?N 74°10?33?W / 40.7370°N 74.1757°W