Christopher Robin is an upcoming American fantasy comedy-drama film directed by Marc Forster, from a screenplay by Alex Ross Perry and Allison Schroeder and a story by Perry. The film is inspired by A. A. Milne and E. H. Shepard's book Winnie-the-Pooh and is a live-action/CGI extension of the Disney franchise of the same name. The film will star Ewan McGregor, Hayley Atwell, and the voices of Jim Cummings and Brad Garrett.
Christopher Robin is scheduled to be released on August 3, 2018 by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures in the United States.
Christopher Robin, the little boy from the Winnie-the-Pooh stories, is now all grown up and has lost all sense of imagination. Pooh and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood re-enter Christopher's life to help him find it again.
- Ewan McGregor as Christopher Robin, a businessman who was once an imaginative boy.
- Orton O'Brien as young Christopher Robin
- Hayley Atwell as Evelyn Robin, Christopher's wife.
- Bronte Carmichael as Madeline Robin, Christopher's daughter.
- Mark Gatiss as Giles Winslow, Christopher's boss.
- Jim Cummings as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger
- Pooh is a honey-loving plush toy bear who lives in the Hundred Acre Wood.
- Tigger is a toy tiger who lives in the Hundred Acre Wood that loves to bounce on his tail like a spring.
- Brad Garrett as Eeyore, a toy donkey in the Hundred Acre Wood who always loses his tail and talks with a deep depressing voice and tone.
- Toby Jones as Owl, the Wiseman of the Hundred Acre Wood.
- Nick Mohammed as Piglet, a diminutive toy pig in the Hundred Acre Wood who is afraid of everything but has a big heart.
- Peter Capaldi as Rabbit, a rabbit who is a neat freak and a vegetable farmer in the Hundred Acre Wood.
- Sophie Okonedo as Kanga, a toy kangaroo in the Hundred Acre Wood who is the mother of Roo.
On April 2, 2015, Walt Disney Pictures announced that a live-action adaptation based on the characters from the Winnie the Pooh franchise was in development which would take a similar pattern to 2010's Alice in Wonderland, 2014's Maleficent, and 2015's Cinderella. Alex Ross Perry was hired to write the script and Brigham Taylor hired to produce the film, about an adult Christopher Robin returning to the Hundred Acre Wood to spend time with Pooh and the gang. On November 18, 2016, it was reported that the studio had hired Marc Forster to direct the film, titled Christopher Robin, and the project would have "strong elements of magical realism as it seeks to tell an emotional journey with heartwarming adventure." On March 1, 2017, Tom McCarthy was hired to rewrite the existing screenplay.
On April 26, 2017, Ewan McGregor was announced to play the title character while Allison Schroeder was recruited to do additional work on the script. On June 22, 2017, it was revealed that Gemma Arterton had been in negotiations to portray the wife of the title character but, ultimately, she passed on the role. In August and September 2017, Hayley Atwell and Mark Gatiss were cast as Evelyn, Christopher Robin's wife and Giles Winslow, Christopher Robin's boss, while Brad Garrett and Nick Mohammed were cast as Eeyore and Piglet with Jim Cummings reprising his roles as both Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. In January 2018, Peter Capaldi, Sophie Okonedo and Toby Jones were cast as Rabbit, Kanga and Owl respectively. Chris O'Dowd was originally announced as the voice of Tigger, but later stepped down from the role after audiences in test screenings reacted negatively towards how he voiced the character and was replaced by Cummings.
Principal photography on the film began in early August 2017, in the United Kingdom, and concluded on November 4, 2017.
Jóhann Jóhannsson was hired to score the film, shortly before his death on February 9, 2018.Klaus Badelt was announced as taking over composing duties for Jóhannsson, but the score was ultimately recorded by Jon Brion. At an Academy event, songwriter and Disney Legend Richard Sherman revealed that he was working on three new songs for the film, and that it would also feature the iconic song "Winnie the Pooh".
Visual effects studios Framestore and Method Studios, are leading the animation for the Hundred Acre Wood characters, with Overall Vfx Supervisor Chris Lawrence and Animation Supervisor Michael Eames leading the teams.
Christopher Robin is scheduled to be released on August 3, 2018 by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
The first teaser poster of the film was released on March 5, 2018, and the first teaser trailer was unveiled the following day.
On May 24, 2018, it was announced that the full trailer would premiere the following day during McGregor's appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Box office projection
Early forecasts from Box Office Pro have projected a $30 million opening weekend and a final domestic total of $110M for Christopher Robin. Later, forceasts were slightly updated with "Christopher Robin" being projected to an opening weekend of $33 million and a final doemstic cume of $121 million.
- ^ "Christopher Robin". AMC Theatres. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ "Christopher Robin Project Profile" (PDF). wdsmediafile.com. Walt Disney Studios. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ a b Justin Kroll (August 2, 2017). "'Agent Carter' Star Hayley Atwell Joins Ewan McGregor in Disney's 'Christopher Robin' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ @disneyfilmfacts (October 12, 2017). "Orton O'Brien will play a young Christopher Robin. In Disney's live action adaptation of Winnie The Pooh starring Ewan McGregor" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- ^ "Brad Garrett to Voice Eeyore in Disney's "Christopher Robin" Movie Starring Ewan McGregor". Tracking Board. August 14, 2017. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Disney (May 25, 2018). "Christopher Robin Official Trailer". YouTube. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Nick Romano (May 25, 2018). "Christopher Robin trailer brings out Winnie the Pooh's pals". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2018.
As for the residents of Hundred Acre Wood, there's Chris O'Dowd voicing Tigger
- ^ Mike Fleming Jr (April 2, 2015). "Disney Sets Live-Action 'Winnie The Pooh' Film; Alex Ross Perry To Write". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Borys Kit (November 18, 2016). "Marc Forster to Direct Live-Action Movie About Winnie the Pooh's Pal, 'Christopher Robin' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Dave McNary (March 1, 2017). "'Spotlight's' Tom McCarthy to Re-Write Disney's Live-Action 'Christopher Robin'". Variety. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Silas Lesnick (April 26, 2017). "Ewan McGregor Will Headline Disney's Christopher Robin Movie". Comingsoon.net. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Rebecca Ford; Borys Kit (April 26, 2017). "Ewan McGregor to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017..
- ^ a b Borys Kit (June 22, 2017). "Gemma Arterton No Longer In Talks to Join 'Christopher Robin'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ BRAD GARRETT TO VOICE EEYORE IN DISNEY'S "CHRISTOPHER ROBIN" MOVIE STARRING EWAN MCGREGOR
- ^ Sandy Schaefer (August 14, 2017). "Christopher Robin: Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore & More Possibly Cast". Screen Rant. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Matthew Mueller (August 30, 2017). "Disney Casts Piglet For Live-Action Christopher Robin Movie". comicbook.com. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ a b "Chris O'Dowd Is No Longer Playing Tigger In Disney's 'CHRISTOPHER ROBIN' - Here's Why. (EXCLUSIVE)". Discussing Film. WordPress. May 25, 2018. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Mescobar, Aaron (May 27, 2018). "CHRIS O'DOWD REPLACED AS TIGGER IN 'CHRISTOPHER ROBIN' BY ORIGINAL VOICE ACTOR JIM CUMMINGS". WE ARE GEEKS OF COLOR!. WordPress. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Nia Daniels (August 9, 2017). "Disney's Christopher Robin starts filming in the UK | KFTV News". www.kftv.com. Kent Live. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Callum Wilson (August 7, 2017). "Disney is shooting a film in Dover and you could be a paid extra". Kent Live. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Forster, Marc (November 4, 2017). "#thatsawrap on #christopherrobin Thank you to my outstanding cast and crew for truly one of the most amazing filmmaking experiences of my life". Instagram. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Roxborough, Scott (14 February 2018). "Johann Johannsson's Death Leaves Friends Shocked, Questions Unanswered". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Mithaiwala, Mansoor (6 March 2018). "Disney's Christopher Robin Trailer Arrives". Screen Rant. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ King, Susan (June 18, 2018). "Walt Disney's favorite composers, the Sherman brothers, get a star-filled film academy salute". LA Times. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ "New 'Christopher Robin' Trailer Reveals Extensive Look At Animation". Cartoon Brew. 2018-05-28. Retrieved .
- ^ Anthony D'Alessandro (September 12, 2017). "'Star Wars: Episode IX' Moves To Dec. 2019, Disney's Christopher Robin Project Opens Next August". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Nguyen, Crystal (March 5, 2018). "THE CASTING AND NEW POSTER FOR DISNEY'S CHRISTOPHER ROBIN ARE HERE". Oh My Disney. Disney. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Disney Movie Trailers (March 6, 2018). "Christopher Robin Official Teaser Trailer". YouTube. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Disney (May 24, 2018). "[Trailer announcement]". Twitter. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Shawn Robbins (June 22, 2018). ""Long Range Tracking: 'Incredibles 2' Update, Plus 'Disney's Christopher Robin,' 'The Spy Who Dumped Me' & More"". Box Office Pro. Retrieved 2018./
- ^ Shawn Robbins (July 16, 2018). ""Long Range Tracking: 'The Nun' Looks to Continue 'Conjuring' Franchise Success with Possible $35M+ Debut"". Box Office Pro. Retrieved 2018./