||American business theorist
Desmond (Des) Dearlove (born 1960s) is a British management journalist and business theorist, known for his work on the history and state of the art of management theory.
Dearlove obtained his BSc in Politics And Economics at the University of Southampton in 1986. In the late 1980s he started as columnist for The Times and worked as business journalist, editor and ghost writer. From 1999 he co-founded Suntop Media Ltd. With Stuart Crainer he cofounder of the Thinkers50 management initiative.
- Crainer, Stuart, and Des Dearlove. Gravy training: Inside the business of business schools. Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1999.
- Crainer, Stuart, and Des Dearlove. Generation Entrepreneur: Shape Today's Business Reality, Create Tomorrow's Wealth, Do Your Own Thing. FT Press, 2000.
- Crainer, Stuart, and Des Dearlove, eds. Financial Times handbook of management. Pearson Education, 2004.
- Dearlove, Des. Business the Richard Branson way: 10 secrets of the world's greatest brand builder. Vol. 24. John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- Dearlove, Des. The Unauthorized Guide to Doing Business the Bill Gates Way: 10 Secrets of the World's Richest Business Leader. John Wiley & Sons, 2010.
Articles, a selection:
- Dearlove, Des. "Key management decisions." Financial Times, London (1998).
- Dearlove, Des. "Interview: Jeff Skoll." Business strategy review 15.2 (2004): 51-53.
- ^ Jackson, Brad. Management gurus and management fashions: A dramatistic inquiry. Psychology Press, 2001.
- ^ Mullins, Laurie J. Management and organisational behaviour. Pearson Education, 2007.
- ^ Huczynski, Andrzej. Management gurus. Routledge, 2012.