Genting Hong Kong Limited (Chinese: ) is a holding company that operates cruise and resort businesses. It is a member of the Malaysian Genting Group and 17.8% owned by Genting Berhad. It owns Crystal Cruises, Dream Cruises, Star Cruises, Resorts World Manila, the Lloyd Werft shipyards, and maintains a 28% share of Norwegian Cruise Line.
Its head office is in Suite 1501 of the Ocean Centre (?) building in Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui.
Star Cruises, established by Genting in 1993, is the third largest cruise line in the world with a fleet of 6 ships. Genting positions Star Cruises for the "contemporary cruise market".
In 2000, Genting's Star Cruises purchased Miami-based Norwegian Cruise Line, but sold half of the company to Apollo Management in 2007. A 2013 IPO of Norwegian Cruise Line reduced Star Cruises' ownership share to 28%.
In 2015, Genting purchased Crystal Cruises, which specializes in the "international luxury cruise market", and a majority stake in Lloyd Werft, a German shipyard that was, as of May 2016 , under contract to build 10 ships for Genting-owned cruise lines. In November of that year, Genting announced the introduction of Dream Cruises, an Asian luxury cruise line that will debut in November 2016.
In 2016, Genting purchased the remaining 30% of Lloyd Werft, as well as Nordic Yards' Wismar, Warnemunde, and Stralsund shipyards, and combined them to form what was initially called the Lloyd Werft Group. Several months later, the three ex-Nordic Yards facilities were spun out into a separate company, named MV Werften.
Genting Hong Kong partnered with Philippines-based Alliance Global Group to establish Resorts World Manila. It is located across Terminal 3 of Ninoy Aquino International Airport. It houses three hotels: Maxims Tower, Marriott Hotel Manila, and Remington Hotel. The Newport Mall is part of this resort and includes the Newport Cinemas and the 1,500-seat Newport Performing Arts Theater.
Genting Hong Kong is based in Hong Kong and is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (SEHK: 678) and the GlobalQuote of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
- ^ "Genting Group is Malaysia's leading multinational corporation". genting.com. Archived from the original on 6 December 2012. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ "Contact Us." Genting Hong Kong. Retrieved on 11 September 2017. "Genting Hong Kong Limited Address: Suite 1501, Ocean Centre, 5 Canton Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong " - Address in Traditional Chinese: "?51501?" - Address in Simplified Chinese: "?51501?"
- ^ "Asia Pacific Cruises | Cruise Company | Star Cruises". www.starcruises.com. Retrieved .
- ^ a b c d "Genting Hong Kong Announces Order of Two "Global Class" Ships for Star Cruises, the Largest to be Built in Germany, for Delivery Between 2019 and 2020" (PDF). Star Cruises. Genting Hong Kong Limited. 10 May 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 May 2016. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ "Apollo invests $1billion in NCL Corp to take 50% stake". Cruise Business Review. 2007-08-17. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved .
- ^ "Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. - Quarterly Report". ncl.com. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ Sloan, Gene (March 3, 2015). "Shake-up in luxury cruising as Crystal gets new owner". USA Today. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ "GENTING HONG KONG LAUNCHES "DREAM CRUISES"- ASIA'S FIRST PREMIUM CRUISE LINE BRAND AND EXPERIENCE". Online Promos (Press release). Star Cruises. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ "Genting Hong Kong Takes Remaining Stake in Lloyd Werft". World Maritime News. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ "Aktuelles - Pressemitteilungen - Lloyd Werft Bremerhaven". lloydwerft.com. Archived from the original on 1 June 2016. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ "Genting HK to invest 100m euros in its German shipyard MV Werften". The Star. 11 June 2016. Retrieved 2018.