Gangs of Wasseypur (film Series)
Get Gangs of Wasseypur Film Series essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Gangs of Wasseypur Film Series discussion
. Add Gangs of Wasseypur Film Series
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Gangs of Wasseypur Film Series
Gangs of Wasseypur (stylised as Gangs of ?) is a 2012 Indian two-part crime film, produced and directed by Anurag Kashyap, and written by Kashyap and Zeishan Quadri. Centered on the coal mafia (Mafia Raj) of Dhanbad, and the underlying power struggles, politics and vengeance between three crime families, the film features an ensemble cast, with Manoj Bajpai, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Huma Qureshi, Richa Chadda and Tigmanshu Dhulia in the major roles. Its story spans from the early 1940s to the 2000s. Both parts were originally shot as a single film measuring a total of 319 minutes and screened at the 2012 Cannes Directors' Fortnight but since no Indian theatre would volunteer to screen a five plus hour film, it was divided into two parts for the Indian market.
Kashyap plans to make another sequel, Gangs of Wasseypur 1.5 and has incorporated Zeishan Quadri as the director of the third part.
- Manoj Bajpai as Sardar Khan, a crime lord who wants to avenge the death of his father, Shahid Khan.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Faizal Khan, the main protagonist and Sardar's second son.
- Huma Qureshi as Mohsina Hamid, Faizal's wife
- Piyush Mishra as Nasir, Sardar's uncle
- Jameel Khan as Asgar Khan, Sardar's cousin
- Jaideep Ahlawat as Shahid Khan, Sardar's father and the patriarch of the Khan family.
- Tigmanshu Dhulia as Ramadhir Singh, the main antagonist and a criminal cum politician, who gets both Shahid and Sardar killed.
- Satya Anand as J.P Singh, Ramadhir's son
- Richa Chadda as Nagma Khatoon, Sardar's first wife
- Zeishan Quadri as Definite Khan, Sardar's fourth son
- Reema Sen as Durga, Sardar's second wife
- Pankaj Tripathi as Sultan Qureshi, one of Sardar's enemies, who later kills Sardar.
- Vipin Sharma as Ehsaan Qureshi, Sultan's father
- Vineet Kumar Singh as Danish Khan, Sardar's eldest son
- Aditya Kumar as Babu "Babua/Perpendicular" Khan, Sardar's third son
- Anurita Jha as Shama Parveen, Danish's wife and Sultan's sister
- Murari Kumar as Guddu, a small time goon
- Yashpal Sharma as Occasional Singer (Guest Appearance)
- Rajkummar Rao as Shamshad Alam, an ally of Faizal who later betrays him for Ramadhir, only to be later killed by Faizal.
- Shankar as Shankar
- Hazarat Ali as Definite Khan (young)
- Tilak Raj Mishra as Sanjeev
- Syed Khan as Iqbal Khan
- Naman Tiwari as Ajay Singh (young)
- Aniket Raj as Vijay Singh (young)
- Jaikumar Solanki as Jatin
- Sanjay Varma as Inspector Udayveer Singh
- Sandeep Arora as ACP Jadhav
- Pramod Pathak as Sultana Daku
- Harish Khanna as Yadav
- Raj Singh as Thakur
- Vicky Nanavare as Parallel Khan, Sardar's fifth son
- Uncredited kid as Firoz Khan, Faizal's son
Gangs of Wasseypur - Part 1
Gangs of Wasseypur - Part 2
Director Kashyap confirmed there will be third part of the franchise, named Gangs of Wasseypur 1.5.