Get Golfland Sunsplash essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Golfland Sunsplash discussion
. Add Golfland Sunsplash
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Golfland-Sunsplash is a series of water parks and family amusement centers originating in Mesa, AZ. The park is separated into two separate parks. Golfland operates year-round and features three miniature golf courses, an arcade, a pizza restaurant, a go-cart track, and bumper boats. Sunsplash operates in the summer and features 29 water-based attractions.
The park opened in 1983 and the water park opened in 1986.
Golfland-Sunsplash is operated by Golfland Entertainment Centers. Golfland Entertainment Centers was founded in 1953 and currently operates 7 properties in Arizona and California.
- In the movie Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Bill, Ted, and Napoleon visit a fictional waterpark called Waterloo in San Dimas, CA. The scenes at Waterloo are a cross between establishing shots at San Dimas Raging Waters and shots with the actors at Golfland Sunsplash.
Notable rides and attractions
- Thunder Bay is a 450,000 gallon wave pool.
- Splashwater Harbor Slides are the original four tube slides. There are two dark slides and two regular slides.
- Master Blaster (2002) is a water slide that uses jets to propel riders uphill, similar to a roller coaster.
- Sidewinder (2005) is a half-pipe style water slide.
- The Cauldron (2008) is a single rider body slide that drops into an open bowl. The first ever bowl slide was built at Golfland in Roseville, CA in 1999.
- Thunder Falls (2010) is a seven-story family raft ride with three high speed drops.
- The Stormrider (2011) is a four-person behemoth-bowl slide. At nearly 8 stories tall, it is one of the tallest slides in the southwest. The first ever Behemoth Bowl slide was built at Golfland in Roseville, CA in 2004.
- The Revolution (2012) is a two-person bowl slide with a high speed drop.
- Double Dare (2014) consists of two parallel racing body slides that start with ProSlide Technology's SkyBox trap door launch system.