Get Iain King essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Iain King discussion
. Add Iain King
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
King (centre) in Afghanistan, 2009
Iain Benjamin King CBE FRSA is a British writer. King was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2013 Birthday Honours, for services to governance in Libya, Afghanistan and Kosovo.
He is a former Fellow of Cambridge University.
Iain King held a senior political role in Kosovo's UN Administration, and co-authored a book on the history of Kosovo and the difficulties of post-war state-building in the Balkans, called Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo.
His 2008 book, How to Make Good Decisions and Be Right All the Time: Solving the Riddle of Right and Wrong, starts with a history of moral philosophy and then develops a hybrid methodology for ethical decision-making. King's approach has been described as quasi-utilitarian.
Secrets of The Last Nazi, based on extensive research of the Nazi era, is King's debut novel.The Sun wrote: "A brilliant but unconventional academic races shadowy agents, a deranged killer and power-mad priests to expose a vast conspiracy."
Making Peace in War is about Afghanistan.
- ^ a b "Bloomsbury". Bloomsbury. Retrieved .
- ^ "Queen's birthday honours list 2013: GCB, DBE and CBE" in The Guardian. 15 June 2013. Archived 21 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ "Birthday Honours lists 2013" at gov.uk Archived 3 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ "About the Author: Iain King". Prospect. 2013-04-24. Retrieved .
- ^ "War Philosophers: How much were our ideas shaped by war?". University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. 2014-06-02. Retrieved .
- ^ "Philosophy Now". Philosophy Now. 2014-01-31. Retrieved .
- ^ Oisín Tansey. Review of Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo by Iain King, Whit Mason in International Journal, Vol. 62, No. 3, "What Kind of Security? Afghanistan and Beyond" (Summer, 2007), pp. 717-720.
- ^ Geoff Crocker. An Enlightened Philosophy: Can an Atheist Believe Anything? John Hunt Publishing, 2011. ISBN 978-1846944246 pp. 85-86
- ^ Vardy, Charlotte and Peter (2012). Ethics Matters. SCM Press. p. 116. ISBN 978-0-334-04391-1.
- ^ How to Make Good Decisions... a 62 Point Summary at iainbking.com
- ^ "Bookouture snaps up Nazi conspiracy thriller". The Bookseller. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ Tom Wright. Review in The Sun. 16 July 2015, p. 54. Accessed 24 August 2015.
- ^ "Making Peace in War". British Army Review. Retrieved .