Indian Ethos in Management
Get Indian Ethos in Management essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Indian Ethos in Management discussion
. Add Indian Ethos in Management
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Indian Ethos in Management
'Indian Ethos in Management' refers to the values and practices that the culture of India (Bharatheeya Samskriti) can contribute to service, leadership and management. These values and practices are rooted in Sanathana Dharma (the eternal essence), and have been influenced by various strands of Indian philosophy.
Work Values from Bharatheeya Sanskriti
1. Paropakaaraartham Idam Shareeram - The body is meant for serving others or for the higher common good.
2. Atmanomokshartham Jagat Hitayacha - Endeavors should be made considering the well-being of the world too, while considering the (spiritual) well-being of oneself.
3. Trikaranasuddhi - To consider work as a means to grow oneself in 'Purity and Unity of Thought, Word and Deed'.
4. Yagnaya charatha: karma - To engage in work as a sacred offering
Attempts have been made to distill aspects related to management theory and practice from various texts of India. A variety of works has influenced this area and few of them include Autobiography of a Yogi, Thirukkural, Mahabharatha, Ramayana and Bhagavad Gita .
Examples of Practice
A number of examples indicating the practice has been documented.
Academicians and practitioners such as Prof S K Chakraborty, Jack Hawley, Debra and William Miller,Devdutt Pattanaik, Prof Subhash Sharma, Prof Sharda Nandrametc. have contributed to the evolution and popularisation of this domain. Stephen Covey has detailed the application of Gandhian values in leadership, through his book 'Principle Centered Leadership'.
This theme is embedded in varying levels as part of programmes in business management offered by various business schools and universities.
- ^ Sankar R N, Ajith (July-December 2012). "Ascertaining Linkages between Trikarana Suddhi and 'Tapping Spirituality as the Context of Leadership'" (PDF). IPE Journal of Management. 2 (2): 81. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ "Karma as yagna". Retrieved 2016.
- ^ "Yagna Bhava - Selfless Karma with an Attitude of Sacrifice". Retrieved 2016.
- ^ https://www.inc.com/hitendra-wadhwa/steve-jobs-self-realization-yogananda.html
- ^ https://www.researchgate.net/publication/264441071_Ethics_business_ethics_from_the_Thirukkural_and_its_relevance_for_contemporary_business_leadership_in_the_Indian_context
- ^ https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1605320
- ^ https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1875495
- ^ http://www.shu.edu/business/news/bhagavad-gita-and-management.cfm
- ^ http://vaikhari.org/downloads/Bhagavad%20Gita%20and%20Management.pdf
- ^ Sankar R N, Ajith (July 11, 2012). "Ethicus: India's First Ethical Fashion Brand". The Journal of Values Based Leadership. 5 (1): 61-78. SSRN 2103599 .
- ^ Sankar R N, Ajith. SSRN 1842943 .
- ^ Pruzan, Peter; Pruzan Mikkelsen, Kirsten (June 1, 2007). Leading With Wisdom: Spiritual-Based Leadership in Business. Greenleaf.
- ^ Chakraborty, S.K. (April 2005). "Ethics: Light from the Golden Quartet". Journal of Human Values. 11 (1): 1-8. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ Hawley, Jack (October 1995). "Dharmic Management: A Concept-Based Paper on Inner Truth at Work". Journal of Human Values. 1 (2): 239-248. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ www.globaldharma.org.
- ^ "Management Mythos by Devdutt Pattanaik". Retrieved 2016.
- ^ Sharma, Subhash (2007). Management in New Age Western Windows Eastern Doors. New Age International. ISBN 9788122417890.
- ^ Organizational Innovation by Integrating Simplification - | Sharda S. Nandram | Springer.
- ^ http://www.mkgandhi.org/mgmnt.htm. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ (PDF) http://www.dauniv.ac.in/downloads/BBA_Final_6_sem.pdf. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ (PDF) http://www.himtu.ac.in/pdf/jun-2013/Indian%20Ethos%20&%20Values.pdf. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ (PDF) http://psrt.cusat.ac.in/pages/PDF/indian%20ethos%20in%20management.pdf. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ http://sssihl.edu.in/sssuniversity/Academics/DepartmentofManagementStudies/Overview.aspx. Retrieved 2016.