Adomian in 2013
January 31, 1980 |
Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.
||Stand-up comedy, television
James Adomian (born January 31, 1980) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, and impressionist. He is best known for his work on Comedy Bang! Bang!, Chapo Trap House, Last Comic Standing, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson where he impersonated President George W. Bush until 2009, and for portraying Bernie Sanders during the 2016 Trump vs. Bernie tour. He voices Talking Ben in the Talking Tom and Friends animated series.
Adomian was born Omaha, Nebraska on January 31, 1980 and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. His family moved to Los Angeles, when he was ten years old. Adomian is an alumnus of Los Angeles Baptist High School and attended Whittier College studying in a self-designed major in Economics and Theatre Arts. He notes that he did not graduate during a 2017 interview with Pete Holmes. Adomian is of Armenian descent.
In 2012, Adomian appeared on Comedy Bang! Bang! as PBS broadcaster Huell Howser, on Adult Swim's Childrens Hospital as Madonna and on MTV's Money from Strangers as himself, also making regular appearances as various sketch characters on Conan.
In 2011, he was cast as a co-lead in the un-aired Kari Lizer pilot project for NBC alongside Sarah Paulson and Tim Meadows.
In summer 2010, he appeared on NBC's Last Comic Standing as a top-ten finalist, and also starred in the un-aired Krog pilot for Cartoon Network.
Adomian began appearing as President George W. Bush frequently on The Late Late Show after Craig Ferguson took over hosting the show in January 2005 until 2009.
He has appeared on several other comedy programs, including MADtv, Mind of Mencia, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Short Circuitz, Atom TV, Cavemen, Recount and Players.
Adomian has appeared in the films Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay and Miss March.
As a voice-over artist, Adomian performed on The Onion Radio News, as several recurring characters on the PBS cartoon series WordGirl, as President Bush on a few episodes of MADtv, as Jimmy Kimmel on Celebrity Deathmatch, and on a number of other cartoons.
Stand-up comedy album
In 2012, Adomian released his debut comedy album Low Hangin Fruit. The release was the first album released by Earwolf, and received mostly positive reviews. The one-hour stand-up set features personal stories, a number of celebrity impressions and political material including observations regarding the cultural perceptions of LGBT people.
Adomian frequently performs live at Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in sketch and stand-up shows such as Comedy Bang! Bang!, Who Charted?, and many others. He is also an alumnus of the Sunday Company at The Groundlings Theatre, where he still frequently performs. He also regularly performs at "The Tomorrow Show" and other stand-up shows in Hollywood. Adomian is known for doing many impressions at live shows, both in-costume and as part of his standup act, including Vincent Price, Lewis Black, Orson Welles, Jesse Ventura, Paul Giamatti, Michael Caine, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Sam Elliott, Al Franken, Huell Howser, Christopher Hitchens, Gary Busey, John McCain, Joe Lieberman, Marc Maron, Jimmy Kimmel, Andy Kindler, Tom Leykis, Todd Glass, George W. Bush, and Bernie Sanders. He has performed several impressions as recurring characters on Comedy Bang! Bang!
Adomian often makes live appearances around the country doing standup or characters, particularly at left-wing political events like YearlyKos, Laughing Liberally, the National Conference for Media Reform and campaign events for Congressman Alan Grayson. In 2010, he made several live standup appearances across North America in the Breaking Even tour.
In 2008, he appeared with comedian Greg Giraldo at venues around the country as part of the Indecision '08 Tour produced by Comedy Central. He has performed at comedy festivals across North America, including Just for Laughs in Montreal. In March 2012, Adomian had his first overseas appearance, headlining a sell-out two night show in Seoul, South Korea for Stand Up Seoul.
Adomian toured the US with the Trump v. Bernie tour in February-March 2016.
Adomian is openly gay. He is the grandson of Armenian-American mathematician George Adomian.
- Love After Love (2017), Chris
- Storks (2016), Additional Voice
- Hits (2014), Donovan
- Freak Dance (2011), Mickey Stardust, Zip Fleestreet, & Fraggle McWinkerbean
- The Treasure Hunt: A Chad, Matt & Rob Interactive Adventure (2011), The Gunslinger
- Miss March (2009), Deadbeat Dad (voice)
- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008), George W. Bush
- Bajillion Dollar Propertie$ (2017), Maximillian Blanc
- The President Show (2017), Bernie Sanders
- Comedy Bang! Bang! (2016), Maximillian Blanc
- Take My Wife (2016), Theater Owner
- Future-Worm! (2016-2018), Future-Worm!
- Star Wars Rebels (2016), Imperial Captain
- Trump vs. Bernie: Shout the Vote! (2016)
- Trump vs. Bernie: Debate for America (2016)
- @midnight (2015), Bernie Sanders
- The Venture Bros (2015-present), Phineas Phage, Night Dick
- Talking Tom & Friends (2014-present), Talking Ben
- Childrens Hospital (2015), Reporter, Madonna
- Major Lazer (2015), General Rubbish, various voices
- Comedy Bang! Bang! (2015), Paul Giamatti, Jerry Jocks
- Kroll Show (2015), Alan the Limo Driver
- Bojack Horseman (2015-2017), Stuart
- Drunk History (2014), Alexander Cochrane
- Comedy Bang! Bang! (2014), Giles Duggard, Jesse Ventura
- Childrens Hospital (2013), Louis C.K., Madonna, Freddie Mercury, Rihanna, Kate Upton
- Comedy Bang! Bang! (2013), Informant, Cab Driver
- Adventure Time (2013), Ogdoad
- Gravity Falls (2012), additional voices
- Childrens Hospital (2012), Madonna
- Comedy Bang! Bang! (2012), Huell Howser
- Conan (2011-2012), various sketch characters
- Money From Strangers (2011-2012), himself
- Last Comic Standing (2010), himself (standup)
- WordGirl (2007-2015), Captain Huggyface, additional voices (voice)
- Players (2010), Barfly
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (2005-2009), George W. Bush
- MADtv (2006-2009), George W. Bush (voice)
- Popzilla (2009), various characters (voice)
- The Jay Leno Show (2009), Mad Doctor
- Atom TV (2008), George W. Bush
- Recount (2008), George W. Bush (voice)
- The Right Now Show (2007), Ensemble Sketch Cast Member/Various
- Cavemen (2007), Waiter
- Short Circuitz (2007), George W. Bush
- Celebrity Deathmatch (2007), Jimmy Kimmel (voice)
- Mind of Mencia (2006-2007), George W. Bush
- Yacht Rock (2005), Vincent Price
- ^ James Adomian: An up-and-comer hits the Lodge., timeout.com, October 4, 2011
- ^ Notable Whittier College Alumni: Entertainment, Arts & Literature, whittier.edu
- ^ https://nerdist.com/you-made-it-weird-387-james-adomian/
- ^ The always funny & fresh to death James Adomian, 8 May 2013
- ^ "James Adomian". IMDb. Retrieved .
- ^ Wenzel, John. "James Adomian Low Hangin Fruit album review". The Spit Take. Retrieved 2013.
- ^ "James Adomian on Earwolf". Comedy Bang! Bang!. Retrieved .
- ^ "Just for Laughs | James Adomian". jamesadomian.com. Retrieved .
- ^ MacDonald, Hamish. "James Adomian brings the funny to Seoul". The Korea Herald. Retrieved .
- ^ McKee, Ryan. "How to Improve 'Last Comic Standing': Bring Back The House!". TV Squad. Retrieved . - "When James Adomian performs, it's more exciting if you know he could be the first gay comic to win 'LCS.' Wait, you didn't even know he's gay? My point exactly. Bring back the house."
- ^ "Probably Science : Episode 017 - James Adomian". Probablyscience.libsyn.com. 2012-04-23. Retrieved .