Jeff Adams (born September 6, 1989) is an American football offensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Columbia University.
Adams played high school football and basketball for the Lyons Township High School Lions. He earned All-West Suburban Conference honors in both football and basketball. He captained the football team his senior year. Adams averaged 13 points, nine rebounds and two blocks per game in basketball. He was also named Class 8A Academic All-State.
Adams played for the Columbia Lions from 2008 to 2011.
Adams signed with the Dallas Cowboys on April 30, 2012 after going undrafted in the 2012 NFL Draft. He was released by the Cowboys on August 30, 2012.
Adams was signed to the Cincinnati Bengals' practice squad on September 2, 2012. He was released by the Bengals on November 13, 2012.
Adams was signed to the Miami Dolphins' practice squad on November 19, 2012. He was released by the Dolphins on August 31, 2013.
Adams was signed to the Tennessee Titans' practice squad on September 11, 2013. He was released by the Titans on August 29, 2014.
Adams signed with the Houston Texans on August 31, 2014. He made his NFL debut on December 21, 2014 against the Baltimore Ravens. On September 20, 2015, Adams tore his patellar tendon in a game against the Carolina Panthers and on September 21, 2015, Adams was placed on injured reserve.
On September 3, 2016, Adams was released by the Texans. He was re-signed by the Texans on October 26, 2016. On November 7, Adams was once again released by the Texans and was re-signed to the practice squad two days later.
New York Jets
On February 8, 2017, Adams signed with the New York Jets. He was waived on September 1, 2017.
- ^ a b "JEFF ADAMS". gocolumbialions.com. Archived from the original on December 29, 2014. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Starkey, JP (2012-05-08). "Dallas Cowboys Undrafted Free Agents: Jeff Adams Profile". SB Nation Dallas. Retrieved .
- ^ Drummond, K. D. (2012-08-30). "Cowboys Roster Cuts Tracker: Getting Down To 53 Players; Latest On Jenkins, Ratliff". Blogging The Boys. Retrieved .
- ^ Kirkendall, Josh (2012-09-02). "Cincinnati Bengals Announce Former Cowboys OT Jeff Adams Signed To The Practice Squad". Cincy Jungle. Retrieved .
- ^ Kirkendall, Josh (2012-11-12). "Cincinnati Bengals Sign Linebacker Ben Jacobs To The Practice Squad". Cincy Jungle. Retrieved .
- ^ Nogle, Kevin (2012-11-20). "Dolphins Sign Two Offensive Linemen in Two Days". The Phinsider. Retrieved .
- ^ Nogle, Kevin (2013-09-01). "Dolphins roster cuts: All 22 players released for Miami to reach 53-man roster limit". The Phinsider. Retrieved .
- ^ Woods, David (2016-09-11). "Titans sign T Jeff Adams to practice squad". theScore.com. Retrieved .
- ^ Lomas, Will (2014-08-30). "Tennessee Titans roster cuts". Music City Miracles. Retrieved .
- ^ "Texans roster moves: August 31". www.houstontexans.com. 2014-08-31. Retrieved .
- ^ "Jeff Adams: Game Logs at NFL.com". www.nfl.com. Retrieved .
- ^ Ron, Capt (2015-09-21). "Houston Texans Injury News: Jeff Adams Out For Season With Knee Injury". Battle Red Blog. Retrieved .
- ^ "TRANSACTIONS: Texans down to 53-man roster". HoustonTexans.com.
- ^ Bouda, Nate (October 26, 2016). "Texans Place RT Derek Newton On Injured Reserve, Re-Sign OT Jeff Adams". NFL Trade Rumors. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ Wilson, Aaron (November 7, 2016). "Texans cut Jeff Adams, sign RaShaun Allen". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ Lange, Randy (February 8, 2017). "Free Agent T Jeff Adams Signs with Jets". NewYorkJets.com.
- ^ Lange, Randy (September 1, 2017). "Jets Release 10, Place 4 on Reserve Lists". NewYorkJets.com.