Get Klimov essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Klimov discussion
. Add Klimov
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The Joint Stock Company Klimov (or JSC Klimov) presently manufactures internationally certified gas turbine engines, main gearboxes and accessory drive gearboxes for transport category aircraft.
Originally established as Kirill Klimov Experimental Design Bureau in Saint-Petersburg under the direction of Vladimir Yakovlevich Klimov ( ? ?) (1892-1962), Klimov designed engines for Soviet aircraft based on Renault aircraft engine designs.
The Klimov OKB was formed in the early 1930s to produce and improve upon the liquid-cooled Hispano-Suiza 12Y V-12 piston engine for which the USSR had acquired a license. At that time Klimov also manufactured motorcycles.
In 1946 the British government allowed Rolls-Royce to sell a number of Nene and Derwent V turbojet engines to the Soviet Union. Klimov OKB was given the task of "metrifying" the British designs, without the knowledge or permission of the West, as the VK-1 and RD-500.
Klimov United Engine Company is now located in Saint-Petersburg region.
- M-100 - Hispano-Suiza 12Ydrs built under license
- M-103 - improved M-100
- M-105 - improved M-103; later redesignated as VK-105
- M-120 - prototype inline 18-cylinder with three M-103A blocks in an inverted Y configuration; cancelled due to engine malfunction
- During World War II, designations were changed from M (motor) to VK (the lead designer's initials)
- VK-106 - prototype developed from M-105 with improved performance at lower altitudes; cancelled due to cooling problems
- VK-108 - prototype version of VK-107 with 1850 hp on takeoff; never entered production
Gas turbine engines
Klimov RD-33 turbofan from Mig-29
Klimov TV7-117 turboshaft
Mi-38 powered by Klimov TV7-117
Il-114-100 powered by Klimov TV7-117
- RD-10 (along AI Ivchenko Progress (Motor Sich), KMPO & SNTK Kuznetsov (OAO Motorostroitel), elsewhere)
- RD-33 and variants, derivatives
- RD-5000B for UCAV UAV like MiG Skat
- TV3-117VM VMA for Mil and Kamov helicopters
- TV3-117VMA-SBM1 Turboprop for the An-140 , MiG-110 , Be-32K
- TV7-117S Turboprop for Aircraft
- Klimov TV and VK derived Turboprop and Turbofan engines powerplants
- Klimov TV17-117 new perspective engine, follow up of the TV family
- VK-800 , VK800V also at Motor Sich
- VK-1500 variant or derivative of TV3-117 engine
- VK-2500 enhancement of TV3-117
- VK-3000 (VK300V also at OMKB OMO Baranov) , VK3500 (TVa-3000) also at Motor Sich , VK-5000 and/or VK-6000 perspective
- GTU-18P GTU-14F GTU-24R GTU-28N Gas Turbines
- and vehicles, vagon locomotives GTs
- GTD-1000T , GTD-1250
- GTD-1400 , GTD-1500