Get Leon Rose essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Leon Rose discussion
. Add Leon Rose
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Leon Rose (born around 1961) is an attorney and sports agent, based in New Jersey, near Philadelphia. He represents a number of prominent NBA players, including Allen Iverson  and formerly LeBron James.
Rose grew up in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and attended Cherry Hill High School East, where he played basketball and was later inducted into the school's hall of fame. Rose graduated from Dickinson College, where he played on the basketball team, and earned his law degree at Temple University Beasley School of Law. He was inducted into the Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in 2011.
Rose represented LeBron James from 2005 until 2012, when James left to join a new agency led by Rich Paul, who worked under Rose at CAA. Rose and fellow CAA agent Henry Thomas, who at the time represented the Heat's Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, worked together to bring the three players together on the Miami Heat in 2010. Rose negotiated a four-year deal for James with Miami. He had previously negotiated a 2006 extension for James with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Rose's previous and current clients include:
- Carmelo Anthony, forward, Houston Rockets
- Renaldo Balkman, forward, Last NBA team: New York Knicks, 2010
- Andrea Bargnani, forward/center, Last NBA team: Brooklyn Nets
- Devin Booker, guard, Phoenix Suns
- Omri Casspi, forward, Golden State Warriors
- Mardy Collins, guard, Last NBA team: Los Angeles Clippers, 2010
- Eddy Curry, center, Last NBA team: Dallas Mavericks, 2012
- DeSagana Diop, center, Last NBA team: Charlotte Bobcats, 2013
- Joel Embiid, center, Philadelphia 76ers
- Jonny Flynn, guard, Last NBA team: Portland Trail Blazers, 2010
- Richard Hamilton, guard, Retired
- Allen Iverson, guard, Retired
- Eddie Jones, guard, retired
- Aaron McKie, guard, retired
- Victor Oladipo, guard, Indiana Pacers
- Chris Paul, guard, Houston Rockets
- Dajuan Wagner, guard, Prokom Trefl Sopot
- J.R. Smith, guard, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Rodney Stuckey, guard, Indiana Pacers
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, forward, Charlotte Hornets
- Jonas Valan?i?nas, center, Toronto Raptors
- Kenny "Special K" Soll, Harlem Globetrotters
- ^ Atkins, Larry (October 5, 2002). "Leon Rose: This agent is a secret no more". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved .
- ^ Jasner, Phil (May 20, 2002). "Iverson hires agent". Philadelphia Daily News. Retrieved .
- ^ Windhorst, Brian (September 13, 2012). "LeBron chooses Rich Paul as agent". ESPN.com. Retrieved .
- ^ Leon Rose: Class of 2011, Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame. Accessed August 25, 2011. "Leon Rose grew up in Cherry Hill, played varsity basketball in high school and is a member of the Cherry Hill East Basketball Hall of Fame."
- ^ a b c d "LeBron dumps Rose, hires friend Paul as agent". ESPN.com. Retrieved .
- ^ a b Spears, Marc (September 26, 2009). "Anthony strives to reach peak in the Rockies". Yahoo Sports. Retrieved .
- ^ a b Narducci, Marc (June 26, 2006). "Rose blossoming as stars' go-to guy". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved .
- ^ a b c d Callahan, Kevin (June 20, 2002). "Local agent Rose on the rise". The Courier-Post (Cherry Hill, New Jersey). Retrieved .