Browse the List of Philatelists below. View Videos
or join the discussion
on this topic. Add List of Philatelists
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
List of Philatelists
This is a list of philatelists, persons notable for their contributions to philately.
- David Beech MBE FRPSL, "Former President of the Royal Philatelic Society London, Head Curator of the Philatelic Collection of the British Library"
- John Barefoot, publisher of the Barefoot Catalogue
- Oscar Berger-Levrault
- Kasimir Bileski
- Gustave Caillebotte
- Samuel Chapman, Mexico
- Daniel Cooper, founder and first president of Philatelic Society of London
- Jal Cooper
- Gerald Davis
- C.D. Desai
- Sir Ernest de Silva, Sri Lanka's greatest philatelist
- Emilio Diena, ancient Italian state specialist
- Robert Brisco Earée, Album Weeds
- Edward B. Evans, "Major Evans"
- David Feldman
- Adelaide Lucy Fenton, early female philatelist
- Ferdinand of Bulgaria
- Philipp von Ferrary
- George V of the United Kingdom, royal collector
- Edward Stanley Gibbons, British dealer
- John Edward Gray
- Colonel Green
- Bill Gross, third person to form a complete 19th-century US collection
- Abraham Hatfield, signer of Roll of Distinguished Philatelists and plater of the New York Postmaster's Provisional
- George Higlett
- Arthur Hind
- Hiroyuki Kanai, Mauritius collection
- Anatoly Karpov
- Adolph Koeppel
- Pierre Langlois
- Henry G. Lapham, Grand Award at the 1936 Third International Philatelic Exhibition
- H. Dormer Legge
- Alfred Lichtenstein
- James Lindsay, 26th Earl of Crawford, formed massive philatelic library
- George Ward Linn, founder of Linn's Weekly Stamp News
- Robson Lowe, "father of postal history"
- John Luff
- James A. Mackay
- Fred Melville
- Foil A. Miller
- Jean-Baptiste Moens, "father of philately"
- Walter Morley
- Edwin Müller
- Douglas Myall
- Frank F. Olney (1851-1903), Mayor of Providence, Rhode Island and president of the American Philatelic Association for three terms
- Alfred Potiquet, first stamp catalogue
- Ayn Rand
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, presidential collector
- L.T. Rose-Hutchinson
- Stuart Rossiter
- Gary Ryan
- Lawrence L Shenfield, Confederate postal history
- Evelyn Arthur Smythies
- Richard Stevens, Mexico revenue catalog
- William Carlos Stone, revenues and philatelic literature
- Thomas Tapling
- Charlotte Tebay, early female philatelist
- Wesley Andrew Tierney, "Former Curator of the Royal Philatelic Society London"
- Leon Norman Williams
- Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman, collector of medical stamps
- Robert Zoellner, one of two people to form a complete U.S. collection
- ^ a b "Hall of Fame - 2000-2004". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved .
- ^ Background notes on The Roll of Distinguished Philatelists September 2011, Roll of Distinguished Philatelists Trust, London, 2011. Archived here.
- ^ Hatcher, James Brush. "Flashback: The New York Postmaster's Stamp of 1845". Collectors Weekly. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ "Belgium collection formed by Anatoly Karpov". Newsletter. David Feldman. September 2011. Retrieved .
- ^ "Anatoly Karpov: The Owner of the Unique Stamp Collection". Watch-Clone.com. Archived from the original on 18 February 2011. Retrieved 2011.
- ^ Bierman, Stanley, M., M.D. (1988). "Henry G. Lapham: United States Primitives Extraordinaire" (PDF). U.S Philatelic Classics Society. 40 (4): 6. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ a b "Hall of Fame - 1946-1949". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved .
- ^ a b c "Hall of Fame - 1941". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved .
- ^ "Hall of Fame - 1995-1999". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved .
- ^ "Hall of Fame - 1970-1974". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved .
- ^ "Frank F. Olney". The American Journal of Philately. New York, NY: The Scott Stamp and Coin Co: 353. 1 Oct 1903. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ "Why I Like Stamp Collecting - 1971". Minkus Stamp Journal. Archived from the original on 2014-03-15. Retrieved .
- ^ "Hall of Fame - 1942-1945". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved .
- ^ "Stuart Rossiter MA, FRGS, FRPSL. (1923 - 1982)". Rossiter Trust. 2014. Retrieved .
- ^ "Who Was Who in British Philately". British Philatelic Trust. 2015. Retrieved .
- ^ Miller, Staphen (2014-12-31). "Robert Zoellner, Alpine Associates Founder, Dies at 82". Bloomberg News. Retrieved .