Get Mike Rawlings essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mike Rawlings discussion
. Add Mike Rawlings
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Michael Scott Rawlings (born August 25, 1954) is an American businessman and politician who is the 61st and current Mayor of Dallas. A member of the Democratic Party, he won the 2011 Dallas mayoral election defeating former Dallas Police Chief David Kunkle. He was reelected in 2015 defeating Independent challenger attorney Marcos Ronquillo. Rawlings served as CEO of Pizza Hut from 1997 to 2002 and was also a former chief executive of the Tracy-Locke ad agency. In addition to his work in the city, Rawlings is also a prominent opponent of domestic violence, speaking at many events, including a Ring The Bell event at the United Nations alongside actor Patrick Stewart.
On August 15, 2017, Rawlings stated that Confederate statues in Dallas city parks are "monuments of propaganda" and called for a task force to decide what should be done with them.
2015 Dallas mayoral election
- ^ Austin, BJ (June 27, 2011). "Rawlings Sworn In As New Dallas Mayor". KERA (FM). Retrieved 2011.
- ^ a b Watson, Brad (May 12, 2011). "Dallas mayoral candidate Mike Rawlings". WFAA. Archived from the original on May 15, 2011. Retrieved 2011.
- ^ Novak, Daniel (June 18, 2011). "Mike Rawlings Wins Dallas Mayoral Election". KDAF. Archived from the original on September 15, 2012. Retrieved 2011.
- ^ "ELECTIONS: Rawlings, Price cruise to victory; Hightower narrowly defeated in Arlington". Dallas Voice. June 18, 2011. Retrieved 2011.
- ^ Kofler, Shelley (June 19, 2011). "Voters Elect New Mayors, Decide Local Elections". KERA (FM). Retrieved 2011.
- ^ Bush, Rudolph (June 18, 2011). "Mike Rawlings wins race for Dallas mayor". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2011.
- ^ "Rawlings out, Hearl in as Pizza Hut president". Pizza Marketplace. November 21, 2002. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Goldstein, Scott. "Rawlings keeps his own counsel -- to chagrin of some on council". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Variano, Dana (March 5, 2013). "Mayor Mike Rawlings | Ring The Bell". Retrieved 2013.
- ^ Peele, Britton (May 30, 2013). "Mayor Mike Rawlings gets shout out from Patrick Stewart during Comicpalooza speech about domestic violence". The Dallas Morning News. Archived from the original on December 21, 2013. Retrieved 2013.
- ^ Skye, Heather (May 29, 2013). "Patrick Stewart Gives Passionate Response to Question At Comicpalooza 2013". Retrieved 2013.
- ^ "Dallas Mayor: Confederate Statues 'Monuments Of Propaganda'". Retrieved .
- ^