Ministry of Home Affairs (Bangladesh)
Get Ministry of Home Affairs Bangladesh essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Ministry of Home Affairs Bangladesh discussion
. Add Ministry of Home Affairs Bangladesh
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Ministry of Home Affairs Bangladesh
The Ministry of Home Affairs (Bengali: ? ; Sarra Montronaloya) (abbreviated as MHA) or Home Ministry is a ministry of the Government of Bangladesh. An interior ministry, it is mainly responsible for the maintenance of internal security and domestic policy. It contains two divisions:
The ministerial team at the MHA (mha.gov.bd) is headed by the Minister of Home Affairs, who is assigned to them to manage the ministers office and ministry.
- Minister -- Mr. Asaduzzaman Khan, MP (Bangladesh Awami League)
Home Secretary and other senior officials
The Ministers are supported by a number of civilian, scientific and professional advisors. The Home Secretary is the senior civil servant at the MHA. His/Her role is to ensure the MHA operates effectively as a department of the government.
- Home Secretary -- Mostafa Kamal Uddin
Public Security Division
- Matters relating to coordination by administrative, diplomatic, security, intelligence, legal, regulatory and economic agencies of the country for the management of international borders, creation of infrastructure like roads/fencing and floodlighting of borders, border areas development programme pilot project on Multi-purpose National Identity Card.
- Dealing with management of coastal borders.
- Dealing with management assistance of law and order along with other enforcement agencies. Village Defence Party works for the village law and order along with socioeconomic development.
Security Services Division
- Controls the Illegal trafficking, use and consumption of narcotic Drugs.