The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to drawing and drawings:
- Drawing - activity of making marks on a surface so as to create some images, form or shape.
- A drawing - product of that activity.
What types of things are drawing and drawings?
- Drawing is a type of:
- Activity - something someone does
- Art - an art, one of the arts, is a creative endeavor or discipline.
- Avocation -
- Vocation -
- A drawing is a type of:
Types of drawing and drawings
Non - story telling
Types of draughtsman
Draughtsman or draftsman -
Drawing media and equipment
A medium (plural: media) is a material used by an artist to create a work.
Common drawing media
Common bases for drawing
Other drawing equipment
Principles and elements of drawing
- Composition -
- Elements of art - group of aspects of a work of art used in teaching and analysis, in combination with the principles of art. They are texture, form, line, color, value, and shape.
- Perspective -
- Principles of art - set of guidelines of art to be considered concerning the impact of a piece of artwork, in combination with the elements of art. They are movement, unity,harmony, variety, balance, emphasis, contrast, proportion, and pattern.
History of drawing
Some notable draftsmen and drawings