Browse the Outline of Performing Arts below. View Videos
or join the discussion
on this topic. Add Outline of Performing Arts
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Outline of Performing Arts
The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to the performing arts:
Performing arts - art forms that use the artist's own body, face, presence as a medium.
What are performing arts
The performing arts as a whole can be described as all of the following:
- Art - aesthetic expression for presentation or performance, and the work produced from this activity.
- One of the arts - as art forms, the performing arts is an outlet of human expression, that is usually influenced by culture and which in turn helps to change culture. The performing arts are a physical manifestation of the internal human creative impulse.
- A way of storytelling that has been practiced since the beginning of time.
Common performing arts
- Acrobatics - performance of extraordinary feats of balance, agility and motor coordination.
- Busking -
- Comedy -
- Dance - art of movement of the body, usually rhythmically and to music, using prescribed or improvised steps and gestures. "A dance" is any one prescribed sequence of such movements, or the music to which it is performed, or an event at which it takes place.
- Juggling -
- Magic -
- Marching arts (such as marching bands) -
- Music -
- Jazz -
- Opera - performance where art, architecture, music, theater, text, and cloth designing are put together to present a story to the audience
- Storytelling - conveying of events in words, images and sounds, often by improvisation or embellishment. Stories or narratives have been shared in every culture as a means of entertainment, education, cultural preservation and in order to instill moral values.
History of performing arts
Contents of a work of performing art
Poetry is also a form of performing arts, because it can tell a story if the writer chooses to do so, and you vocalize it. Art is another form because it is used to express feelings or anything really. It is used in plays, homes, and other things/places.