Rutgers Business School - Newark and New Brunswick (also known as the Rutgers Business School, or RBS) is the graduate and undergraduate business school located on the Newark and New Brunswick campuses of Rutgers University. It was founded in 1929.
Rutgers Business School offers bachelor's, master's, and Ph.D. degrees.
Rutgers Business School, Newark reflecting the city in the glass front.
In 2009 RBS opened a new facility in the first 11 stories of downtown Newark's One Washington Park office building that is home to the full-time and Executive MBA programs, the MQF program, and the Newark undergraduate program. 1 Washington Park is centrally located near highways and public transportation, notably Newark Broad Street Station, where there is service on New Jersey Transit Morris and Essex and Montclair-Boonton Lines (including Midtown Direct service to New York Penn Station) and Newark Light Rail service to Newark Penn Station. The Washington Park light rail station is also adjacent to the school.
Rutgers facilities in One Washington Park include classrooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, student and faculty lounges, offices, and a University Police substation. The new 3 story RBS entrance atrium features lecture halls, a trading floor, student lounge and study spaces, a rooftop garden, and the Bove Auditorium. One Park Bistro in the lobby of the building is owned by the university and operated by the university's contracted Aramark food service but is open to all tenants with a building ID. In 2011, it was announced the Rutgers-Newark campus would further expand around Washington Park, converting the former American Insurance Company Building into graduate student housing.
Rutgers Business School, New Brunswick, on the Livingston Campus. New glass and steel building at nightfall.
In 2011 RBS broke ground on a new school building located on the New Brunswick/Livingston Campus. This new building, which opened in September, 2013, is the focal point for the New Brunswick undergraduate program. Previously, in New Brunswick, RBS shared the Janice H. Levin Building with the School of Labor and Management Relations and Beck Hall with the School of Arts and Sciences on the Livingston Campus.
RBS also has facilities in Madison, NJ, Basking Ridge, Jersey City, and Singapore. MBA programs were also previously offered in Beijing and Shanghai.
Accreditation and rankings
Rutgers Business School places competitively in key US rankings. Select results include :
- #1, Public MBA Program in Northeast U.S.
- #3, MBA Program in NYC region
- #3, MBA Supply Chain Program, nationwide
- #7, MBA Employment nationwide
- #9, Part-Time MBA Program in the Mid-Atlantic region
- #9, Return On Investment, nationwide
- Top Ten Quant Schools 
- Top-10, MBA Program for Health Care/Pharmaceuticals/Biotechnology
- #10, For awarding 10 or more degrees to Fortune-500 CEOs 
- #11, MBA Supply Chain Program, nationwide
- #11, Most Competitive Students 
- #13, Online Graduate Business Programs, nationwide, Master of Accountancy in Governmental Accounting
- #19, Executive MBA in US 
- #31, MBA Employment Outcomes, nationwide
- #33, Top B-Schools for MBA Pay
- #24, Public Part-Time MBA Program, nationwide
- #39, Part-Time MBA Program, nationwide
- #48, Full-time MBA Program, nationwide
Rutgers Business School's Undergraduate-New Brunswick program is ranked 50th in BusinessWeek's 2008 Undergraduate Business School rankings but placed 97th in 2017.
In 2011, a team of RBS students, led by faculty mentor John M. Longo, placed 2nd internationally in the CFA Institute's Global Investment Challenge.
In the 2017 CEOWORLD magazine ranking of the top 50 American college for an accounting degree, Rutgers Business School, ranked 7.
RBS is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) as well as the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education  while Rutgers University as a whole is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Blanche & Irwin Lerner Center for Pharmaceutical Management Studies
- Center for Governmental Accounting Education & Research
- Robert H. Werner, director
- Yaw M. Mensah, research director
- Institute for Ethical Leadership
- James Abruzzo, co-director
- Alex Plinio, co-director
- Center for Research in Regulated Industries
- Michael A. Crew, director
- Center for Supply Chain Management
- East Asian Business Center
- John Cantwell, director
- Peter R. Gillett, academic director
- Rutgers Accounting Research Center
- Miklos Vasarhelyi, director
- Technology Management Research Center
- George F. Farris, director
- Whitcomb Center for Research in Financial Services
- Ivan E. Brick and Michael S. Long, co-directors
- Orville E. Beal, president of The Prudential Insurance Company of America
- Robert J. Boutillier, vice chairman of KPMG Peat Marwick
- Greg Brown, chairman and CEO of Motorola Solutions
- Robert Campbell, vice chairman of Johnson & Johnson
- Frank Cassidy, president of PSEG Power
- Mei Wei Cheng, chairman and CEO of Ford Motor (China)
- Gary Cohen, president of BD Medical/Board Member, for Accordia Global Health Foundation
- Mark Fields, CEO of Ford Motor Company
- William Freeman, former president of Verizon
- Mary Jo Green, SVP and treasurer of Sony (America)
- Ralph Izzo, CEO of PSEG
- Irwin Lerner, chairman, president and CEO of Hoffmann-La Roche
- Soichi Matsuno, chairman and CEO of Eisai
- Rosemary McFadden, president and CEO of New York Mercantile Exchange
- Alvaro de Molina, CFO of Bank of America, CEO of GMAC
- Michael O'Neill, president and chief executive officer of Broadcast Music, Inc.
- Bill Rasmussen, founder of ESPN
- Thomas Renyi, chairman and CEO of The Bank of New York
- John Ruffle, vice chairman and director of J.P. Morgan
- Bill Schultz, CEO of Fender
- Bernard Zients, former president of Gimbels New York
- F. Patrick Cuartero, CEO of Groupon Philippines ()
- Gary Rodkin, president and CEO of ConAgra Foods
- William C. Pratt, CIO of SiriusXM Satellite Radio 
- Rana Kapoor, founder of YES Bank (Yes Bank)
- Sean Cuttler, head of information technology at Cancer Genetics, Inc
- ^ "Neo-Classical Rutgers Building Will Become Graduate Student Housing". Studenthousingbusiness.com. 2012-02-20. Retrieved .
- ^ Corbett, Nic (February 15, 2012), "Rutgers to move forward with $71M Newark high-rise renovation", The Star-Ledger, retrieved
- ^ a b http://business.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-executive-mba-ranked-2-economics-world-19-overall-us-financial-times
- ^ "Global MBA Ranking". Financial Times. 2017. Retrieved .
- ^ http://business.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-executive-mba-moves-top-tier-bloomberg-businessweek-world-rankings
- ^ "Best Business Schools 2017". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2018-03-12.
- ^ "2019 Best Business Schools Rankings". U.S. News & World Report. March 20, 2018. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/undergraduate_mba_profiles/rutgers-newbrunswick.html
- ^ "The Complete Ranking: Best Undergraduate Business Schools". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2016. Retrieved .
- ^ a b http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings/page+2
- ^ Gartner Supply Chain Leaders, 2011
- ^ a b c http://www.business.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-flex-mba-rises-us-news-and-world-report-ranking-mba-job-placement-and-supply-chain-mana
- ^ http://www.business.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-ranked-9-mid-atlantic-region-part-time-mba-programs-bloomberg-businessweek
- ^ http://www.business.rutgers.edu/news/thinking-about-going-business-school-rutgers-ranks-no-9-return-investment-according-fortunecom
- ^ http://business.rutgers.edu/news/wall-street-experts-rank-rutgers-mqf-top-10-quant-school
- ^ http://www.business.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-pharma-mba-ranked-one-top-10-mba-programs-pharmaceuticals-world
- ^ http://www.business.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-ranked-where-fortune-500-ceos-went-school-us-news-world-report
- ^ a b http://www.business.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-full-time-mba-ranks-among-top-50-programs-nation-according-us-news-world-report
- ^ http://poetsandquants.com/2012/03/01/b-schools-with-the-most-competitive-students/2/
- ^ https://www.usnews.com/education/online-education/mba/business-rankings
- ^ US News & World Report, 2011
- ^ http://business.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-business-school-ranked-top-b-schools-mba-pay-bloomberg-businessweek
- ^ Undergrad - BSchools Archived 2010-05-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ RBS runner-up in CFA Institute's Global Investment Research Challenge, over 500 schools from around the world competed
- ^ "Best Colleges In America For An Accounting Degree, 2017". CEOWORLD magazine. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "CEOWORLD magazine ranked Rutgers Business School 7th in the nation for earning an accounting degree". Rutgers Business School. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ http://business.rutgers.edu/about-rbs/welcome/aacsb
- ^ http://business.rutgers.edu/lerner/certificate-programs
- ^ http://oirap.rutgers.edu/Accreditation-Main.html
- ^ Accordia Global Health Foundation
Coordinates: 40°31?32?N 74°26?18?W / 40.52552°N 74.43821°W