Get SIGACT essential facts below. View Videos
or join the SIGACT discussion
. Add SIGACT
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
ACM SIGACT or SIGACT is the Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory, whose purpose is support of research in theoretical computer science. It was founded in 1968 by Patrick C. Fischer.
SIGACT publishes a quarterly print newsletter, SIGACT News. Its online version, SIGACT News Online, is available since 1996 for SIGACT members, with unrestricted access to some features.
SIGACT sponsors or has sponsored several annual conferences.
COLT, PODC, PODS, POPL, SODA, and STOC are all listed as highly cited venues by both citeseerx and libra.
Awards and prizes
- ^ Vitello, Paul (August 31, 2011), "Patrick C. Fischer, Early Unabomber Target, Is Dead at 75", New York Times.
- ^ "Event: COLT". acm.org.
- ^ "Results of the Vote". Making SOCG.
- ^ citeseerx venue impact factor Archived February 16, 2015, at the Wayback Machine., citeseerx.
- ^ Libra Conferences Archived May 20, 2009, at the Wayback Machine., LIBRA.
- ^ PODC web site: Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing.