Seasonal packaging is a way of marketing a product and sparking sales in consumer segments that infrequently buy the product, by wrapping the product in a package closlely related to seasons such as Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, back-to-school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. It is efficient as a marketing tool.
- Packaging works as a 'silent salesman'  and occupies seven out of ten as a strategic part when a customer makes decision to buy the stuff. It can be used to attract consumers' eyes and increase in-store purchase decision rate by using unique packaging.
- Develop the festival culture.
- Make consumers well-informed about events.
Seasonal packaging was embraced by brands in order to make products stand out from the similar category. Nowadays, the innovative design of product seasonal packaging emphasize the demand of customers rather than competition itself.
Seasonal packaging use digital printing to print, so that large demand for seasonal packaging production motivates the development of printing market.
Examples of products that has used seasonal packaging are
- Toblerone (Changing logo to "ToMyLove" or "HoHoHo")
- Quality Street (Changing logo to Quality Dad)
- Coca-cola Christmas packaging
- ^ "A case study exploring the packaging design management process within a UK food retailernull". British Food Journal. 105 (9): 602-617. 2003-10-01. ISSN 0007-070X. doi:10.1108/00070700310497345.
- ^ BARDI, EDWARD J.; KELLY, LARRY G. (1974-12-01). "Organizing for Effective Packaging Management". Transportation Journal. 14 (2): 53-57. JSTOR 20712318.
- ^ Bone, Paula Fitzgerald; Corey, Robert John (2000-04-01). "Packaging Ethics: Perceptual Differences among Packaging Professionals, Brand Managers and Ethically-Interested Consumers". Journal of Business Ethics. 24 (3): 199-213. JSTOR 25074279.
- ^ "Gaining competitive advantage from packaging and labelling in marketing communicationsnull". British Food Journal. 100 (2): 110-118. 1998-03-01. ISSN 0007-070X. doi:10.1108/00070709810204101.
- ^ "Packaging design: creating competitive advantage with product packagingnull". British Food Journal. 111 (9): 988-1002. 2009-09-05. ISSN 0007-070X. doi:10.1108/00070700910992880.
- ^ Underwood, Robert L. (2003-01-01). "The Communicative Power of Product Packaging: Creating Brand Identity via Lived and Mediated Experience". Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. 11 (1): 62-76. JSTOR 40470084.
- ^ "Existential consumption and irrational desirenull". European Journal of Marketing. 31 (3/4): 285-296. 1997-04-01. ISSN 0309-0566. doi:10.1108/03090569710162371.
- ^ "Seasonal Packaging Tapping into Consumer Trends Beyond the Visual | Marketline". www.marketline.com. Retrieved .
- ^ Heilmann, J.,& Antikainen, H. (2009). ".Inkjet - teknologia, sovelluskohteet, prosessit.". GT-raportti 3/2009. Finland: VTT. (in Finnish).
- ^ "Coca-Cola launches Christmas packs | Packaging News". Packaging News | Jobs | Production | Design | Innovation. Retrieved .