||Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.
||This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.
IVC origin of Yoga
Logged in members, please include this reference on page 34 of [http://chapter.intach.org/pdf/haryana-16.pdf "The depiction of a yogi in many seals and terracotta figurines performing yogic asanas shown that the yogic philosophy has been existing in India since the Harappan times. Pipal tree - considered sacred and associated with Siva - was depicted in Harappan pottery as found"] to denote Indus Valley Civilization origin of yoga. Thanks. 2404:E800:E61E:452:7835:ABF1:C9FA:A4B9 (talk) 21:40, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- Discussed many times before; no. Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 05:09, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support with caveat. I don't mind the merge as long as the sources are solid (requires verification), but the title of physiology associated with yoga is not valid or supportable, so should not follow the article if the merge is agreed upon. Physiology is an established branch of medicine and a field of basic and clinical science, none of which applies to the sources in the Yoga physiology article. WP:MEDRS sources are required to support effects on physiology (there is none for yoga). Kvng: you did not state your reasons for objecting to my deletion request, so these should be stated here according to WP:DEPROD. --Zefr (talk) 17:41, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- I deprodded because I didn't see indication that a merge was given ample consideration as an alternative WP:BEFORE proposed deletion. If there is consensus that there is no salvageable material here I will support deletion at WP:AFD. ~Kvng (talk) 15:14, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
- Comment: Is there really anything relevant - sources or content - in the old version of the Yoga physiology article to merge?! This article already contains a summary under Beliefs section. Are you seeking an AfD-equivalent for the other article? Would retitling it to Sarira (yoga) or something be more appropriate? Ms Sarah Welch (talk) 20:46, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- Another alternative is to WP:BOLDly WP:REDIRECT Yoga physiology to this article or a subsection of this article. ~Kvng (talk) 20:38, 17 September 2017 (UTC)
- Done NE Ent 23:41, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 21 August 2017
||This edit request has been answered. Set the
|ans= parameter to no to reactivate your request.
For more details, please refer to yogaispossible.com 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:53, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- Not done unreliable/spam. Alexbrn (talk) 05:55, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
Irrelevant sentence in 'Reception in the West' section
The third paragraph in this section currently reads: "Australia's Bette Calman is the oldest female yoga teacher at 83 years old. She teaches at the Indian mental and physical discipline of yoga."
This breaks the chronology of the surrounding paragraphs and is also unconnected the section's topic of how yoga has been received and evolved in the West.
Peterlambeth (talk) 10:09, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
- Done. Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 11:04, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
Not 'ancient India'.
Not 'ancient India'.
May be ancient South Asia, or Asia. Or maybe Central Asia. -- Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:50, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
You might consider scipping the :, as this sign is called visarga in devan?gar? and would therefore be read yoga?. Princ3jah (talk) 02:03, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
Sorry, my fault, thats indeed how it is written and pronounced in sanskrit Princ3jah (talk) 02:18, 4 November 2017 (UTC)