Get Technology Intelligence essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Technology Intelligence discussion
. Add Technology Intelligence
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Technology Intelligence (TI) is an activity that enables companies to identify the technological opportunities and threats that could affect the future growth and survival of their business. It aims to capture and disseminate the technological information needed for strategic planning and decision making. As technology life cycles shorten and business become more globalized having effective TI capabilities is becoming increasingly important.
In the United States, Project Socrates identified the exploitation of technology as the most effective foundation for decision making for the complete set of functions within the private and public sectors that determine competitiveness.
The Centre for Technology Management has defined 'technology intelligence' as "the capture and delivery of technological information as part of the process whereby an organisation develops an awareness of technological threats and opportunities."
- ^ Technology intelligence: Identifying threats and opportunities from new technologies Archived 2008-04-03 at the Wayback Machine. Mortara, L. and Kerr, C. and Phaal, R. and Probert, D., University of Cambridge (2007)
- ^ Smith, Esther (1988-05-05). "DoD Unveils Competitive Tool: Project Socrates Offers Valuable Analysis". Washington Technology.
- ^ A conceptual model for technology intelligence. International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning Volume 2, Number 1, pp. 73-93. ISSN 1740-2832, Kerr, C. I. V.; Mortara, L.; Phaal, R. & Probert, D. R. (2006)
- Technology Intelligence systems: how companies keep track of the latest technological developments, ifM Briefing, University of Cambridge, 2007
- Technological change and the technology intelligence process: A case study. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management,Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 331-348, Lichtenthaler, E. (2004)
- Putting competitive technology intelligence to work. Research-Technology Management Vol. 43, No. 5, pp. 23-28, Norling, P. M.; Herring, J. P.; Rosenkrans, W. A.; Stellpflug, M. & Kaufmann, S. B. (2000)