Get Water Sports essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Water Sports discussion
. Add Water Sports
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
A variety of water sports
In the water
- Scuba Diving
- Swimming, including pool swimming and open water swimming
- Diving off springboards or off platforms
- Modern pentathlon includes épée fencing, pistol shooting, swimming, a show jumping course on horseback, and cross country running
- Rescue swimming is swimming with the goal to rescue other swimmers or the practice thereof.
- Snorkeling is the practice of swimming at the surface (typically of the sea) being equipped with a mask, fins, and a short tube called a snorkel.
- Synchronized diving
- Synchronized swimming is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and ballet.
- Triathlon, a multi-sport event involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance events, usually a combination of swimming, cycling and running
- Waboba is played with a waboba ball on beaches or in pools.
- Water aerobics is aerobics in the water.
- Water polo is a team sport played in water.
On the water
There are a large number of sports that involve water. The following is a list of water sports, divided by category. These categories are based on the relation of the sports to the water. Some of the sports include only one part related to swimming, such as a triathlon.