Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas
Get Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas essential facts below. View Videos or join the Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas discussion. Add Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share this resource on social media.
Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas
Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas
Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas logo.png
Location Spring Valley, Nevada, United States
Owner Bellagio Resort
Operated by Village Roadshow Theme Parks
Opened May 23, 2013 (2013-05-23)
Area 41 acres (17 ha)
Pools 2 pools
Water slides 10 water slides
Children's areas A single children's area
Website Official website
Google map

Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas is a water park in Spring Valley, Nevada.[1] The park is part of Village Roadshow Theme Parks' Wet'n'Wild chain of water parks located across the world. The park opened in May 2013 and is located at 7055 S. Fort Apache Road, southwest of the I-215 and Sunset Road intersection.


On August 6, 2011, plans to develop a 26-acre (11 ha) water park in the Las Vegas Valley were unveiled. The owners of the Hawaiian Falls chain of water parks in Texas were behind the proposal to open the park by Memorial Day Weekend 2012.[2] On November 14, 2011, Splash Canyon Waterpark was officially announced along with a listing of the rides and attractions to be included in the park.[3] On February 3, 2012, it was announced that the opening of the water park would be delayed by a year to ensure everything would be completely operational before opening.[4]

In June 2012, Australian-based entertainment company Village Roadshow revealed they had plans to open a Wet'n'Wild-branded water park in Las Vegas.[5] The company already operates Wet'n'Wild Hawaii and Wet'n'Wild Phoenix in the United States, as well as a number of amusement and water parks in Australia including Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast and Wet'n'Wild Sydney.[6] On October 4, 2012, it was announced that Village Roadshow Theme Parks would be opening Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas in May 2013 on the site of the proposed Splash Canyon Waterpark.[7] Village Roadshow holds a 51% stake in the park with private investors including Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf holding the remaining 49%.[8] The 41-acre (17 ha) water park cost over US$50 million.[1]

In mid-May 2013, Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas announced the park's opening and operating schedule, as well as the beginning of a charity auction for the first rides on four of the park's slides. Due to the expected popularity of the park, Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas' opening was staggered for different ticket holders. Following a private grand opening party on May 23, the park opened to Gold Pass holders on May 25, Season Pass holders on May 28, and all other ticket holders on June 3.[9]

The overwhelming demand for season passes caused the park to cease selling passes for the year and has pushed expansion of the park forward to the immediate end of the season, as Village Roadshow owns 71 acres around the park for future expansion.


Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas features 26 attractions including:[10]


  1. ^ a b Velotta, Richard N. (October 4, 2012). "Wet 'n' Wild water park coming to Las Vegas". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2012. 
  2. ^ Harvin, Sharie (August 6, 2011). "New Waterpark in the Works for Las Vegas". KLAS-TV 8 News Now. Retrieved 2012. 
  3. ^ Splash Canyon Waterpark (November 14, 2011). "Splash Canyon Waterpark to Open Memorial Day 2012 in Las Vegas". Digital Journal. Retrieved 2012. 
  4. ^ The Associated Press (February 3, 2012). "Vegas waterpark delays grand opening until 2013". News Times. Retrieved 2012. 
  5. ^ "Village Roadshow and Sanderson set sights on Asia". Park World Online. June 18, 2012. Retrieved 2012. 
  6. ^ "Theme Parks". Village Roadshow Limited. Retrieved 2012. 
  7. ^ Guillermo, Matt (October 4, 2012). "Vegas water park resurrects 'Wet 'n' Wild' name". Fox 5. Retrieved 2012. 
  8. ^ Westthorp, Tanya (October 5, 2012). "Coast Wet'n'Wild inspires Vegas park". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 2012. 
  9. ^ "First official rides on four Wet 'n' Wild Las Vegas slides to be auctioned for Andre Agassi Foundation for Education and Opportunity Village". Las Vegas Sun. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 2013. 
  10. ^ "Attractions". Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas. Retrieved 2012. 
  11. ^ "Wet 'n' Wild Las Vegas". Allegiant Travel Company. Retrieved 2014. 

External links

Coordinates: 36°03?36?N 115°18?00?W / 36.059941°N 115.300122°W / 36.059941; -115.300122

  This article uses material from the Wikipedia page available here. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.



Top US Cities

Like2do.com was developed using defaultLogic.com's knowledge management platform. It allows users to manage learning and research. Visit defaultLogic's other partner sites below:
PopFlock.com : Music Genres | Musicians | Musical Instruments | Music Industry
NCR Works : Retail Banking | Restaurant Industry | Retail Industry | Hospitality Industry