WikiProject Baseball, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of baseball on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
This page is within the scope of ||
||This page does not require a rating on the project's quality scale.
|Threads older than 1 month may be archived by .
There's a discussion relevant to this WikiProject at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Cricket#Batting average about whether to split Batting average into separate cricket and baseball articles. If interested, join the conversation there. Joseph2302 (talk) 16:52, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
Proposal to change use of bold in introduction to season articles
There is a discussion ongoing at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject National Football League#MOS:BOLDTITLE and MOS:BOLDAVOID to change the use of "bold" lettering in the introduction to season articles. As this affects a protocol that has been in use by the Baseball project and other professional sports projects, please feel free to add your view at the discussion so that a consensus can hopefully be reached one way or the other. Cbl62 (talk) 18:05, 28 January 2018 (UTC)
- I believe that we reached a consensus around two months back at Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Baseball/Archive_43#Team_season_problem?. Zoom (talk page) 00:21, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
Alan Wiggins FAC
I have nominated Alan Wiggins at FAC. I appreciate any feedback that anyone can offer. Thanks again. EricEnfermero (Talk) 05:58, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
The Baseball Cube
I don't know why, but the Cube parameter in Template:Baseballstats no longer works properly. I clicked the TBC link on several of our baseball player pages, and each time I got an error message. Lepricavark (talk) 01:01, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- TBC has apparently changed how it stores player bios. Instead of using their name in the URL, they now use an ID number. It looks like all player articles will need to have the stats link template updated to reflect these changes. NatureBoyMD (talk) 03:11, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- I believe you are correct. This will take a while. Lepricavark (talk) 03:25, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
MLB Postseason articles and templates
I've been developing this for a while now, but we should consider merging all of our Postseason articles into a singular Article for each year (Starting in either 1969, or 1995). Here's the example I developed recently.
Also, as mentioned before, to keep with consistency amongst other WikiProjects, those Postseason brackets will be converted to templates, it would help to combat vandalism, and reduces the number of bytes in a given article.
These are my plans for the Postseason articles; it could work, but I want to know your opinion on the matter. - Piranha249 (talk) 00:48, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- I don't quite understand what you are suggesting.. you want to get rid of all the individual articles for the various playoff series and combine them onto this one page? That seems like it would be a bit unwieldy. Spanneraol (talk) 00:51, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Yep, that's what I'm saying! - Piranha249 (talk) 01:18, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- I don't see any reason for that.. it would make an awfully busy page. Why do you want to do that? Spanneraol (talk) 03:25, 14 February 2018 (UTC)