Wilderness at the Smokies is a resort located on Wilderness Territories property in Sevierville, Tennessee. It opened in 2008 as part of the new Bridgemont development, which, along with the resort itself, now includes shopping, dining, and conference facilities.
Phase I of the development included a hotel and outdoor waterpark. The second phase opened in December 2008 and offers a condominium resort and indoor waterpark. The third phase added the Lake Wilderness outdoor waterpark and became available May 2009. Additional facilities include the "Runaway Canyon" Proslide and Dark Mammoth (family raft ride with water curtains, lighting effects, and sound effects), which opened on November 20, 2009.
In May, 2010, Wilderness Rafting and Catalooche Creek Adventure Golf, at Lake Wilderness, were added.
- 80,000 square feet (7,400 m2).
- Innovative Tan-through roof.
- "Storm Chaser"(ProSlide Tornado with lighting and sound effects).
- "Smokies Surf Rider" (Flowrider).
- "Washout Mountain" interactive multi-level water play structure with 500 gallon (1,900 liter) tipping bucket, 50+ hands-on play-and-spray features including spray cannons, small tipping buckets, etc., and two slides.
- "Snapping Turtle Activity Pool" indoor/outdoor activity pool with basketball hoops and gigantic floating snake.
- "Magnollia Grove" indoor/outdoor hot tub.
- "Trail Twisters Tube Slides" (two enclosed Proslide tube slides)
- "Runaway canyon" (Proslide dark Mammoth style enclosed family raft ride with water curtains, more than 450 ft long (140 m), five stories high, featuring a total drop of almost 60 ft (18 m), uses 800 gal (3,000 liter) of water per minute, gargantuan tunnels,and explosive turns.
- "Flying Squirrel Play Area" Toddler area with zero-depth entry, two small side-by-side slides, swing and bounce tree, teeter-totter, tree house that dumps water with a spray feature.
- "Grizly's Grill" Snack Bar.
- "Dippin Dots" Stand.
- 65,000 square feet (6,000 m2).
- "The Timber Rattler," a 207 ft (63 m) tube slide.
- "The River Otter," a 180 ft (55 m) body slide.
- "Lunker's Landing," an interactive water play structure with 2 slides, tipping bucket, and play-and-spray features.
- "Catfish Corral" activity pool with three basketball hoops.
- "Minnow Marsh," a kiddie zero-depth entry pool.
- "Wildflower Lagoon" hot tub.
- "Cyote Cove" snack bar.
- Back Country arcade and game room.
- 5 acres (20,000 m2) in size.
- "Washout Wilderness Rapids" wave pool.
- "Catalooche Creek Adventure River" (752 ft/230 m lazy river).
- "Smoky Mountain Crossing Cabanas" (private poolside cabanas).
- "Catalooche Creek Adventure Golf".
- "The Wall" waterslide.
- Expansion planned for the near future.
- In May 2010 Wilderness Rafting was added.
River Lodge A condominium resort with multi-room suites, the hotel is connected to the Lake Wilderness outdoor waterpark and Wild WaterDome indoor water park.
Stone Hill Lodge The hotel is connected to the Salamander Springs outdoor waterpark and the Sevierlville events center. The Stone Hill Lodge has meeting spaces and four-person standard rooms.