Lexus' striking design has always been a fundamental part of its appeal - it's what sets it apart from other premium marques.
And there's no better way of getting a deeper understanding of how Lexus is designing for the future than by watching the process from start to finish.
In this video, we go behind the scenes at EDÂ², Lexus top secret design studio in the south of France, to show you how to draw a car.
Shahidul Syed Alam, recent graduate of Coventry University's Automotive & Transport Design course and now a Lexus designer, describes the process of designing the LF-SA concept, starting with a hands-on initial sketch using traditional methods - pencils and paper - and then bringing that to life in the virtual world as a digital render.
Lexus' design process begins even before pencil meets paper. "We believe it's important to have something unique in the sense of expression of style," says Shahidul.
Starting with a clean sheet of paper, he fluidly lays out the foundation of the LF-SA, its basic proportions, layout and outline. Key design details like the Lexus spindle grille are incorporated early in the process.
SHAHIDUL'S TOP FIVE TIPS: HOW TO DRAW A CAR
1. Begin by drafting the foundation of the car - the basic layout, wheel placement and perspective
2. Sketch the outline of the car, defining its shape
3. Establish the appearance of key design features such as the grille
4. Add in design details like badges or lights
5. Finish by shading the drawing to establish shadows and highlights