Browse the List of Translators below. View Videos
or join the discussion
on this topic. Add List of Translators
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
List of Translators
This is primarily a list of notable translators. Large sublists have been split off to separate articles.
By target language
Into Azerbaijani (Azeri)
- Yannis Livadas - the most productive translator concerning modern and postmodern English and American poetry in Greek
- Italo Calvino - translator of Raymond Queneau's Les fleurs bleues (The Blue Flowers)
- Ettore Capriolo - translator of McLuhan, Camus, Salman Rushdie
- Eduardo De Filippo - translator of Shakespeare's The Tempest into 18th century Neapolitan
- Vincenzo Mantovani - translator of works by William Faulkner, Henry Miller, Philip Roth, Salman Rushdie, Saul Bellow, Malcolm Lowry, Charles Bukowski, Isaac Asimov, Richard Ford, William Gaddis, John Updike, Norman Mailer, Bernard Malamud, Jerzy Kosinski and others
- Grazyna Miller - translator of Pope John Paul II's Roman Triptych: Meditations from Polish into Italian
- Cesare Pavese - translator of Melville, Dickens and others
- Fernanda Pivano - translator of works by Ernest Hemingway, Edgar Lee Masters, Francis Scott Fitzgerald, William Faulkner, Thornton Wilder, Allen Ginsberg, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Gregory Corso and many other English-language authors
- Elio Vittorini - translator of works by Ernest Hemingway, William Saroyan, John Steinbeck, Erskine Caldwell, William Faulkner, D. H. Lawrence and Edgar Allan Poe
- Tadeusz Boy-?ele?ski - prolific translator of French classic literature; murdered by the Nazis.
- Stanis?aw Czerski - translator of the fables of Phaedrus
- Ignacy Krasicki - translator of Plutarch and Ossian.
- Boles?aw Le?mian - poet who translated the tales of Edgar Allan Poe.
- Maciej S?omczy?ski - translator of James Joyce's Ulysses and of the complete works of Shakespeare.
- Robert Stiller - prolific translator of classic and contemporary literature, from a score of languages, European as well as Oriental.
- W?adys?aw Syrokomla - translator of Latin, French, German, Russian and Ukrainian poets, including works by Béranger, Goethe, Heine, Lermontov, Nekrasov and Shevchenko.
- Julian Tuwim - translator of Alexander Pushkin and other Russian poets.
- Adam Wa?yk - translator of Alexander Pushkin's Eugene Onegin.
- Aleksey Mikhalyov - translator of John Steinbeck's East of Eden and many other authors, as well as numerous films and cartoons
- Ivan Bunin - translator of The Song of Hiawatha
- Alexander Druzhinin - translator of several of Shakespeare's plays and the poetry of George Crabbe
- Nikolay Gnedich - made the classical translation of The Iliad
- Mikhail Lozinsky - made the classical translation of The Divine Comedy
- Samuil Marshak - translator of Shakespeare's sonnets, among his other works
- Midori Miura - translator of Non-chan kumo ni noru by Momoko Ishii
- Vladimir Nabokov - translator of Alice in Wonderland and Lolita
- Boris Pasternak - translator of Faust and Hamlet
- Viktor Golyshev - translator of Light in August, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, All the King's Men, Theophilus North, 1984, Other Voices, Other Rooms, Set This House on Fire, Pulp and other books. He mostly worked on American literature
- Rita Rait-Kovaleva - translator of The Catcher in the Rye and other works, including those by William Faulkner, Franz Kafka and Heinrich Böll.