Vishal Gondal (Marathi: ) (born 14 July 1976) is an Indian entrepreneur and angel investor. He is the founder and CEO of GOQii (pronounced Go-Key), and previously founded the game development and publishing company Indiagames, which he sold to DisneyUTV Digital, The Walt Disney Company (India) in 2011 for $100 million after which he briefly served as the Managing Director of Digital division of The Walt Disney Company (India) from September 2012 to June 2013.
In 1999, Gondal founded Indiagames, a video game development and publishing company. By 2009 the company had approximately 300 employees and offices in Mumbai, Beijing, London and Los Angeles. Gondal sold a majority of stakeholds (adding up to 76.29% of the company) to TOM online Games, a subsidiary of TOM Online Inc, in 2009 and retained his position as CEO. In 2011, Indiagames was acquired by Disney for around $100m. At the time of acquisition, Indiagames was making an approximate profit of $400,000 on revenues of $11 million.
In 2008, Gondal launched Sweat and Blood Venture group to invest in startups at a seed level. The organization has invested in Instablogs and Docsuggest, among others.
In August 2012, The Walt Disney Company India Pvt. Ltd. restructured its digital assets under a new division, DisneyUTV Digital, with Vishal Gondal as its managing director.
In March 2014, Gondal launched GOQii, a fitness technology company based in Menlo Park, California.
Gondal has presented at the INK Conferences in Mumbai.
- In 2005 Mobile Entertainment magazine listed Gondal as listed as one of the top 50 executives in the mobile content space.
- In 2005 Indiagames was listed by Red Herring among Asia's Top 100 companies.
- In 2012 techcircle.in included Gondal in a list of the top 25 powerful people in Indian digital business.
- ^ http://archive.vccircle.com/wordpress/2008/07/31/vishal-gondal-turns-startup-saviour-forms-investment-group/
- ^ Fitness as a service, or Faas, is what Vishal Gondal banks on in his new venture, GOQii. Is he ahead of his time?, businesstoday, retrieved 2015
- ^ a b Vishal Gondal: The Ideas Man is Onto a New Trend, Forbes India, retrieved 2015
- ^ Walt Disney Company to restructure digital assets
- ^ http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/goqii-fitness-tracker-india-connect-need-know-219242.html
- ^ http://techcircle.vccircle.com/2014/02/28/indiagames-founder-vishal-gondals-new-venture-goqii-adds-human-touch-to-fitness-devices-offers-it-as-a-subscription-based-service/
- ^ Meet Vishal Gondal, India's king of gaming
- ^ Pix Special Fitness Band from Vishal Gondal to Take on Gyms, Rediff, retrieved 2015
- ^ I Love Chaos and It Is Where I Thrive says Vishal Gondal, LiveMint, retrieved 2015
- ^ India Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Challenge Mindrush, Business Today, retrieved 2015
- ^ Vishal Gondal on GOQii New Venture Fitness As Service, Business Today, retrieved 2015
- ^ a b c Disney Set to Acquire Top Indian Game Developer Indiagames, AllThingsD, retrieved 2015
- ^ Why did Tom Online's (TOMO) Indiagames welcome new partners? Seeking Alpha
- ^ Vishal Gondal Turns Startup Saviour; Forms Investment Group
- ^ Vishal Gondal Turns Startup Saviour; Forms Investment Group, GigaOM, retrieved 2015
- ^ Sweat And Blood Venture Group
- ^ The Walt Disney Company (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- ^ http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report-indian-entrepreneur-launches-fitness-band-goqii-backed-by-bollywood-star-madhuri-dixit-nene-1965664
- ^ http://recode.net/2014/02/26/introducing-goqii-startup-pairs-new-fitness-tracker-with-human-coaches/
- ^ Fifth INK Talks to begin October 28; to focus on innovation, The Economic Times India, retrieved 2015
- ^ Vishal Gondal in top 50 mobile executives list
- ^ Red Herring Puts Indiagames In Top Asia 100 List, GigaOM, retrieved 2015
- ^ Top 25 powerful people in Indian digital business