Get Water Sports essential facts below,
or join the Water Sports discussion
. Add Water Sports
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
A variety of water sports
There are a large number of sports that involve water. The following is a list of water sports categorized by how the sport is played in relation to the location of the water. These range from activities involving a single person such as scuba diving and swimming, to team sports such as boat racing and underwater football.
In the water
- Artistic or Synchronised swimming is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and ballet.
- Diving, the sport of jumping off springboards or platforms into water
- Modern pentathlon includes épée fencing, pistol shooting, swimming, a show jumping course on horseback, and cross country running
- Rescue swimming is swimming with the goal to rescue other swimmers or the practice thereof.
- Scuba diving
- Snorkeling is the practice of swimming at the surface (typically of the sea) being equipped with a mask, fins, and a short tube called a snorkel.
- Swimming, including pool swimming and open water swimming
- Synchronized diving
- Triathlon, a multi-sport event involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance events, usually a combination of swimming, cycling and running
- Waboba is played with a waboba ball on beaches or in pools.
- Water aerobics is aerobics in the water.
- Water polo is a team sport played in water.
On the water